Intex Ultra Frame Leg replacement process... hints and tips?

Good morning - first post, first pool, new member... all that. :)

We recently installed the big 32x16x52 Intex Ultra Frame. Ground is level within an inch and pavers level withing 1/4 inch all the way around thanks to builder's level. Well worth the extra effort. Filled it last week, then added the salt. Everything went perfectly...until....

Saturday, I was walking around looking at the pavers, wishing some were a little further out. As the pool filled and expanded the leg positions were off center towards the outer edge of the pavers. Not the end of the world, but some are definitely tilting now, maybe 1/4 inch between front and back, but I digress.

Upon that inspection I noticed a crease and slight buckle in one leg of one of the supports. It's on the last support on one of the long sides. I quickly developed a plan to shore it up with some metal plates and bolts and a wedged 2x4... plus a cargo strap. It hasn't moved in 24 hours+ ...I ordered a part from Intex instead of waiting to work through a support call. I didn't want to wait.

So the big question - who has changed these, and how much water did you have to drain in order to do it... correctly. :) I'm hoping there's relief enough at about 1/2 drain... I really don't want to have to drain it completely, but will do whatever it takes to do it right.

Thoughts? Advice?

TIA

Bob

20180519_151330.jpg

Welcome to TFP!

I Would drain the pool completely but not because of just that one leg. I have a good idea why that leg bent like it did.

I can see in your pictures you set the pavers on top of the sand and not sunk into the sand so that the sand and the pavers are even. What you have done force the legs 2 inches higher in the air than they are supposed to be and that strap that holds the bottom of the leg is pulling at a downward angle which is bending the leg. That strap should be flat and laying on the sand with no air gap under it.

Should go pretty quick since they are all located in the right spot for the frame. just shift the pavers about 6 inches further away from the pool and bury them into the sand and set them level with your level. Easy peasy then refill the pool and you'll be swimming in no time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.