How to defeat this

RBpool

Feb 23, 2018
Tampa, FL
So my pool is severely pitted, and now I’m coming down from my second SLAM in a month, and I have these spots appearing again. They do not brush off but they do go away with a SLAM and then return. A chlorine puck will make them disappear for a while too. My levels are

10.5 FC
0 CC
7.6 pH
80 TA
300 CH
40 CYA

My pool needs resurfacing but it’s not in the budget for this year. I have passed the SLAM criteria each time and even went up to mustard levels for 24 hours - but my CC never gets higher 0.5, even at mustard levels. While I’m SLAMing, I brush and brush and brush. All fixtures are out of the pool.

My pool also has metal issues and I don’t know where the metal is coming from — I feel like I’m somehow missing some essential element of pool care, where are all of these things coming from?

Attachments

• 2A9741B2-C746-44F8-B18B-E0FE8164BCB4.jpg
    2A9741B2-C746-44F8-B18B-E0FE8164BCB4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 89
So I can’t figure out how to scrape some off. Nothing comes off when I scrape with my fingernail. I’m going to try the black algae thing anyways, since my FC is already elevated. The pool is safe to swim in until SLAM levels, right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.