Outdoor Shower

Arizonarob

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
TFP Guide
Mar 25, 2018
Chandler Arizona
I’ve been wanting to build an outdoor shower for rinse off after the pool, yard work, etc. I was planning on building a simple plumbing setup, attaching it to the side of the house, and hooking it up to my hose bib, which happens to be plumbed with soft water.
Well my hang up has always been not really wanting to drill through the stucco finish on the exterior of the house due to resale value, (if new buyers didn’t want it) and putting holes in the house.

So looking around online, I found this stand alone shower kit, and I can honestly say, I’m impressed with the build quality of it. All stainless hardware, wood is very thick and sturdy, and a very nicely done finish on it. I read the reviews online, and people were complaining about the hookup not fitting a standard hose. Dunno, mine hooked up no problem.
Also people were complaining about it leaking from the connection. I assembled it using plumbing tape on all the fittings, and some pool lube on the rubber o-rings, and I have zero leaks. Again, dunno.

So, if you’re looking for an outdoor shower setup that you can put away for the season, and not have it permanently installed, then I highly recommend this kit! :thumleft:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GJDAV8C?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Attachments

• 9796F6AF-7D24-4B7E-9162-84795F796B23.jpg
    9796F6AF-7D24-4B7E-9162-84795F796B23.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 521
NICE!!

My neighbor actually has an outdoor shower head and hot/cold water valve on the side of his house (I look at it from my backyard) and I always thought it was weird. But, after living here long enough, I can see it’s use. I wish we had done an outdoor shower as part of the build near the pool. My outdoor softener water line, as you’ve seen in the threads earlier today is out by the front driveway which is no where near the pool. But seeing that kit makes me want to chop a tee into the PVC line and run a hundred feet of pipe over to the pool ;)

I’ve been wanting to build an outdoor shower for rinse off after the pool, yard work, etc. I was planning on building a simple plumbing setup, attaching it to the side of the house, and hooking it up to my hose bib, which happens to be plumbed with soft water.
Well my hang up has always been not really wanting to drill through the stucco finish on the exterior of the house due to resale value, (if new buyers didn’t want it) and putting holes in the house.

So looking around online, I found this stand alone shower kit, and I can honestly say, I’m impressed with the build quality of it. All stainless hardware, wood is very thick and sturdy, and a very nicely done finish on it. I read the reviews online, and people were complaining about the hookup not fitting a standard hose. Dunno, mine hooked up no problem.
Also people were complaining about it leaking from the connection. I assembled it using plumbing tape on all the fittings, and some pool lube on the rubber o-rings, and I have zero leaks. Again, dunno.

So, if you’re looking for an outdoor shower setup that you can put away for the season, and not have it permanently installed, then I highly recommend this kit! :thumleft:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01GJDAV8C?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

Arizonarob - Very nice! We live near the coast and outdoor showers are a favorite for getting sand off. Thx for sharing. Great idea - Fletcher

Very Nice! I bought a similar - but not as nice - version from Lowes a few years ago. It has been sitting in the shed for a few years but I am going to dust it off this year and bought this to provide a little warmth

https://www.amazon.com/Eccotemp-L5-Portable-Tankless-Heater/dp/B01MXDZCKM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1526312507&sr=8-1&keywords=eccotemp+l5+portable+tankless+water+heater+and+outdoor+shower

Quick question, are you concerned about water near the foundation from the shower (maybe most of it goes onto your concrete)? I am also planning to locate my shower next to the house and was thinking about a plastic pan (washing machine pan) underneath and slope away from the house. Maybe not enough water to have any concerns, just wondering what others thought.

Kj, my concrete walkway is sloped to the right (if you look at my picture, you can see the shower is slightly tilted) and towards the grass. Also, I have it partly on the gravel up against the house, so no worries on drainage. My house sits on a slab, but if I had a basement, I still wouldn’t worry about it to much, as you’re just rinsing off.

You could always get one of those plastic or metal shower pans, and cut off a piece away from your house for the water to flow out of it.

Kj, my concrete walkway is sloped to the right (if you look at my picture, you can see the shower is slightly tilted) and towards the grass. Also, I have it partly on the gravel up against the house, so no worries on drainage. My house sits on a slab, but if I had a basement, I still wouldn’t worry about it to much, as you’re just rinsing off.

You could always get one of those plastic or metal shower pans, and cut off a piece away from your house for the water to flow out of it.

Appreciate the response. My house has a crawl space, not finished area. Think I'll build a base on top of a washing machine pan with the drain in front, that way most of the water will find its way away from the foundation.

Thanks for your post, motivating me to get the shower going this year!

BTW - I also have a deck seat exactly like yours (not sure if you have the box or seat), I mounted a marine radio in mine for my outdoor stereo. now I know why your picture is subconsciously familiar to me!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the perfect setup to add a shower near the pool. Half the AC pad available (over 3' square), stucco wall behind, and hot and cold PEX right there, with a sheetrock wall behind the stucco that could easily be opened and patched to facilitate a very nice through-wall installation for shower head and valve. Even a foot washer! Someday, maybe.

And I can't argue the courtesy of showering off before jumping in. On the other hand, I've put sooooo much time, money and effort into building and maintaining cleaning/filtering/sanitizing/heating systems for my pool, I'm of the mind that I should be able to jump into my luxurious, 85° pool after a gardening session without subjecting myself to a cold shower first (or even a hot one)! Then let all my "pool servants" clean up after me! So I do!!

It's good to be the king!

PS. That looks to be a Suncast box. That stuff is the bomb! I have some that are 20+ years old, still going strong. I have it all over my yard: pool supplies and chems, pool toys, hose rollers, end tables, propane storage! Every shape and size. Love that brand!

PS. That looks to be a Suncast box. That stuff is the bomb! I have some that are 20+ years old, still going strong. I have it all over my yard: pool supplies and chems, pool toys, hose rollers, end tables, propane storage! Every shape and size. Love that brand!

You would be correct sir. I have a variety of different ones from different companies I use. I also like Keter and lifetime as they both make steel reinforced boxes that hold up very well. The big one is made for the trash and recycling bins.

Attachments

• ADF15091-8E2B-4649-A491-BEE03B861A3A.jpg
    ADF15091-8E2B-4649-A491-BEE03B861A3A.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 356
  • 301CF287-6E1A-4C3A-B60B-4ACCCD719FC2.jpg
    301CF287-6E1A-4C3A-B60B-4ACCCD719FC2.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 355
I built mine from simple 3/4" PVC from Home Depot. Tapped off of the water line to my outdoor kitchen. It's cold water only, however since we are in Texas the first 30 seconds are always hot :) We use it mainly to rinse off before getting in (especially on workout days or after yard work)

Only problem I have encountered was I didn't properly insulate over the winter so my #4 ball valve busted. I'm repairing now, I think I will steal the idea of adding a handheld like Chayne did....thats awesome.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.