Looking for feedback on pricing and equipment

Phlow

Feb 24, 2018
Tallahassee FL
Hi all,

I'm just about to sign a contract to get a pool built here in North Florida, but I have no basis for comparison on pricing. It seems somewhat reasonable to me, but if anyone has any feedback on something that looks off, I'd appreciate hearing your opinion. For instance, given that the deck is only so big, with a giant pool in the middle, is it reasonable for the screen footer and the deck pavers to be that expensive?
Also, if there's any piece of equipment that you feel should be avoided/upgraded, I'd like to know that too. I have reservations about the LED light, given reviews I've read online.

Here's my pool design:

Pool.jpg
https://imgur.com/a/8QgjNak (full version)

Pool Dimensions: 15' x 28', 8' deep, 3'4" shallow 3rd of pool. 8' wet bench.
Deck Dimensions: 25' x 40'

The pool will have a screen enclosure as big as the deck, and I'm still trying to negotiate who/how much to get a solar heating system (the water circulation type, not solar electric) installed.

Here's my quote:

Custom Concrete Pool (428 sqft)
Entry Step Included​
Deep End Wet Bench (8 'Total)​
Waterline Tile Included​
Quartz Interior Finish Included​
$ 29,500.00

$ 800.00
Upgrade Equipment Package
Full Electric Hookup Included​
Hayward S244t with glass media Included​
Hayward MaxFlo VS Pump Included​
ProLogic Plus Controller Included​
T-Cell-940 Salt System Included​
Hayward Universal Colorlogic LED Included​
Polaris 280 w/Hayward 6060 Booster Included​
$ 5,500.00
Paver Bullnose Coping (88 ')$ 2,112.00
Footer for Screen (105')$ 3,150.00
Pillow Top Paver Deck System (508 sqft)$ 4,572.00
Dirt Hauled Off Site$ 2,000.00
Screen Enclosure$ 11,175.00

Total

$ 58,009.00

Thanks very much for any feedback,

Jay

Attachments

• Pool.jpg
    Pool.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:
This is the quote we have from our builder I had quotes for 4 others

PRE-CONSTRUCTION DETAILS:
Dig Type: Normal Equipment ; Lawn irrigation re-routing & sod replacement by purchaser.

STANDARD SWIMMING POOL SPECIFICATIONS: $20,550.00
Size/Depth: 15' x 27' - 3' to 5' Deep - Sunbed in the shallow end with 3 steps; swim-out in deep end Incl.
Interior: Wet Edge Luna Quartz aggregate pool finish Incl.
Pump/Filter: Pentair Variable Speed Pump; Pentair Cartridge Filter (150 SF) Incl.
Features: Bubbler in sunbed Incl.
Light: Pentair 100 Watt white pool light Incl. upgraded to LED (Free)
Sanitizer: Chlorine tablets Incl.
Cleaner: Preplumbed for automatic pool vacuum Incl.
Miscellaneous: Electrical hook-up, maintenance tool kit, start-up service & instruction class is included. Incl.
ACRYLIC DECK (Includes concrete screen footer): $7,225.00
Deck type: Acrylic Deck - multiple colors included Incl.
Pool Coping: Bullnose brick coping Incl.
Deck Drain: 2-inch deck drain Incl.
Deck Footer: 8" x 8" Concrete screen footer Incl.
Stem Wall $2,000

Options
- Pentair 108 BTU Heat Pump ($4,100)
- Pentair Intellibrite LED pool light + remote ($1,235)
- Bubbler ($250)
- Mini-Pebble Interior Finish ($1,328)

We upgraded the Quartz and added a umbrella sleeve final cost was 28,889

Wow, that seems really cheap in comparison. Without the Heat Pump, and excluding screen from mine your pool comes out to $24,789 vs my $46,834 and the other real difference is mine has a salt system and pavers for decking, and a deeper deep end (was told it's $2500 to go 8' from standard). Not feeling awesome about that price difference. Is this quote for 8" thick concrete pool?

I'd like more input from others.

The Salt System from my builder was $1,300 and our initial quote had pavers as an option it was 6.50 a square foot for flagstone and after reading about the product here on TFP we decided to go with the acrylic deck. I did negotiate pretty aggressively with the price and we did get a quote from another builder for 47k so the spread can be pretty big.

Specs say 6 inch 4000 psi shell

I'm in Texas, but I think your quote seems pretty reasonable. We are doing a 40x15 gunite pool with a large tanning ledge, salt system and concrete deck. No screen and I felt like 65,000 was reasonable for our area. That 29,000 seems like an unusually low price. But maybe things are pretty different in Florida?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.