Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: hayward de filter problems!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

hayward de filter problems!!!

I have a DE perflex filter & the gauge reads 20 psi at all times, but there's barely any pressure coming out of the filter into the pool. I've regenerated it many times, but can't get any suction or flow pressure for cleaning. I've checked all the valves & joints, but no problems. what else could it be? the pool is extremely dirty & I'd like to clean it!!!

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: hayward de filter problems!!!

Hey,

Welcome to the forum.

Did the pressure read 20 before your flow stopped/reduced?

How long has the flow been stopped/reduced?
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

With the pump off, unscrew the inspection port/pressure gauge mounting and take a look inside. should tell you how much crud is built up.

Steve
    18' x 36' vinyl, 3' shallow - 9' deep
    Hayward Perflex E65
    Hayward Superpump.

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome to TFP!!

I strongly doubt that the gauge is the issue, if you have little return force

Take that puppy apart and THOROUGHLY rinse it with a high pressure garden hose ! Then, soak it in some detergent for a couple hours. Then add the correct amount of DE - and all should be fine

I can, and have given, instructions on doing this, but assume you've read them so - just follow what's been posted and feel free to ask us if you run into trouble
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)