Opposite (diagonally) corners of 12x24x52 pool are lower than other two by one inch

Pippi

Jul 13, 2017
Wilmington
Hi all! New here. We just filled our pool -Intex 24x12x52 Ultra Frame Rectangular -and as we went we got a stick and marked it as the water level rose and I never saw anything over a quarter of an inch, but then, at full volume, we're seeing a dramatic drop from one short end to the other by one square (liner "tile) which measures an inch from blue edge to blue edge. It seems to be good, good, good, and then it suddenly drops an inch over small length say 8 or 10 inches to the corner. Same with its opposite corner on the other end. I have photos. Having read and read and read so many forums and posts like this I'm still not seeing our particular issue and what to do about it. Even though an inch off is supposed to be just fine, what concerns me is the amount of corner joint that sits out. I shook this pool this way and that, made waves, and watched some of it spill out of the corners, but that elbow is most likely not ever coming out of there, but still, it's a ways out, right?? What say you all about what to do or not do about this? Note, pool is just filled, have not cleaned the water yet. Thanks! Oh, and the legs are all straight, look good and strong, and are on pavers. Some with wood when we dug them in too deeply. Husband and I had big debates in the yard: "Level each paver with the last one" vs "Pavers have to be level with the ground, these are too deep over here!" You see. ;)

FullSizeRender (23).jpgFullSizeRender (24).jpgFullSizeRender (25).jpg

I am definitely no expert, but I have 2 of the intex 16x32x52" the first one has been up for 4 years and is out of level by prolly 3 inches and has never once had an issue. I have had the corner piece completely come out before. It did not sink the pool. Some water ran out of the corner and 2 adults were about to put it back in by hand. I am not saying these things to tell you not to drain and level again or to argue against any other advice you may get in this thread. I am simply trying to impart that in my 4 years of experience with this type of pool and 4 children using it constantly, being 3inches out of level the entire time has not caused me any issues so I would not panic.

Good luck with your decision :)

Keep a close eye on those corners and watch to see if things change over time. The top rail dips in that corner as well so that tells me the pavers in that corner arent totally level with the rest of the pool.

As long as it stays stable and doesn't dip any lower you'll be just fine.

Thanks, CJadamec. We're draining it down until we can wedge a piece of wood under that paver. And a slightly thinner piece in it's opposite corner. The ground all reads level, so it's the pavers having been dug a little too deep down in those two spots. Aside from that, the pool looked great! We're okay with refilling. Peace of mind is nice. And it's still too cool for swimming so it's not like we're impatient to get in it yet. :) Also Pippi isn't my name, it's my little dog's name. :) She LOVES to float on things in the water. Craziest thing I have ever seen. Wait till she sees we put up a POOL FOR HER. LOL

I have a 12x24x52" that i installed last season. It was a little off on the 24 east side so drained releveled and reset corners to level. Upon the final 3 inches of filling the corners of the 12' side started sliding out, plastic insert slid out. Now those 2 corners appear to be about ready to come out and are bound up. What to do?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.