Received my test kit today

FC 8.5
TC 9.0
CC 0.5
ph 7.5
CH 775
Alkalinity 250
CYA 100 ish

i plan to retest tomorrow as CH was only 171 and alkalinity was 0 with the pool store centerfuge test.

Note I’ve only ran the pump line 30-45 min yesterday. I think it’s clear my CYA is high got 110 and 100 tested 2 times.

Should i I cycle the pump for a day and see what my results are? I took my sampe at 12 inch deep.

TC18, let me first congratulate you on the TF-100. :goodjob: I don't understand the comment about the pool store test, but let's focus on your readings and no longer the pool store. You have 100% control of your pool now. First order of business ... that CYA. Please perform a diluted CYA test tomorrow as noted on the TFP Pool School - CYA page starting at Step 8. That is key to everything else at this point. If your CYA is that high (100+), no doubt you'll need to exchange some water to lower it, so that will be step one before wasting any chemicals on anything else. If your CH is 775, the water exchange should also help with that as well. But first, do the diluted CYA test then report back. We'll be watching to assist. Have a nice evening.

- - - Updated - - -

When you get a chance, please add the TF-100 to your pool info in the signature. Also, did you get the speedstir?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.