Anyone have photos of skimmer install that does NOT include hard plumb?

kellyfair

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 29, 2016
Tampa, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool Edge-25
I’m sticking with the hoses, although I did cut holes for the 1.5 connections and hoses.

This pool has two inlets and one return. I plugged one of the inlets and am keeping the other, and added the skimmer. I’m having trouble visualizing how to connect the skimmer to a ball valve and then the 1.5 hose. Also having trouble figuring out how to join the two “in” hoses in order to lead into the pump on a single line. Not sure what bits and pieces I need!

I have the ball joint connected to the bottom of the skimmer
1e80949ad96e21b8dadf457b3de44fa0.jpg

I use the cheap intex pump on my solar system. And I have a salt water system hooked up through the big pump. I'm actually waiting for our new 24 foot Coleman pool to come in!! We are super excited in my house!

I'm doing the same thing this week! I think I'm going to do a semi hard plumb with some flex tubes. My biggest decision is I bought both sizes of skimmers and cant figure out which one to use. I finally decided today though where I'm going to place everything and which Intex return I'm going to cap.

Alrighty. Skimmer is mounted - I decided not to cut the gasket so I installed without gasket, cut liner, then removed and reinstalled with gasket. Pretty easy!

I drew a design for my plumbing, then grabbed examples of the hose, the ball valve, and where I needed to join with the skimmer. Went to Home Depot and one of the employees helped me piece together everything I needed to connect skimmer and other inlet to a tee that will lead to the pump.

Just finished cutting my PVC and fitting everything together. All ready to glue in the morning and then when dry, let the water flow! Fingers crossed!

Thank goodness for this site! When all my stuff dried, I realized that the Intex hoses wouldn’t screw onto the male PVC fittings tightly enough to seal off any leaks. This is because threaded PVC has a slight taper to it - who knew? As I started pulling my hair out, I did a search and found this thread. Ran up to Home Depot, got the gasket material, and all my hoses now fit tightly. Filling the pool the rest of the way now... send no-leaks vibes my way, please!

p.s. if you go the same route, make sure you get 1/8th” thickness for your gasket material. You will need two 1/8th gaskets for each connection. 1/16th” is just too thin.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.