May 30, 2015
Stamford, ct
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi Everyone,

Just got a new liner, and opening the pool while it's filling up. I've poured almost 1 gallon of CYA Conditioner, after mixing well, that I had from last year, unopened. Unfortunately, I could quickly see it wasn't fully liquid and there are now granules in the bottom of the pool.

Now my liner installer told me to change my brushes and vacuum head every year because they get brittle and could damage the liner. But now the store is closed.

Should I brush the liner with my old brush (probably over 5 years old I think) or wait for tomorrow?
Can the CYA granules damage the new liner?

Thanks a lot!

Guillaume

Can the CYA granules damage the new liner?
While stabilizer is not "muriatic", it is still acid but in a milder form. Yes, if left in one area long enough it could cause discoloration. Not immediately perhaps, but in time. I would try to brush it around every so often until you can get it vacuumed up or it dissolves. With any luck it will break-up soon. Until then, do the granule shuffle and keep it moving. :party:

CYA and liquid CYA are pretty inert. I wouldn't think that there is any big risk.

Liquid CYA has a pH of about 8.3.

However, it's always better to avoid chemicals sitting on the liner for an extended period of time.

I would brush if you feel like the brush is in good enough condition.

If the brush is in poor condition, I would wait or get a brush from Walmart or Home Depot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.