Same depth pools

SwimmingBevo

Gold Supporter
Jun 9, 2017
Austin, Texas
I have a thread in the under construction forum but wanted to post a specific topic here to get opinions.

I am seriously considering 4.5’ all around this pool. Originally we were thinking 3.5 to 6 or 7 ft.

I’ve recently been in pools I really like that have all the same depth and you can socialize anywhere in the pool.

Has anyone done something like this and wished they had a deep end? Or the opposite?

I’ve also read they may be a little easier to maintain? Thanks for any thoughts.

43427437-93A4-473D-B79E-5D2050A4B324.jpg
C84BE9ED-6294-4CCD-A653-130C9944E3E9.jpg

Attachments

• 792330C6-8941-4434-A9DE-DA26A8BBC0A1.jpeg
    792330C6-8941-4434-A9DE-DA26A8BBC0A1.jpeg
    68.5 KB · Views: 122
Do you have kids?
I have only had a pool for one summer but I can't imagine the entire pool being the same depth. The little kids like the shallow end but eventually they want to do cannon balls. Yes, they don't need water that deep to do that. the Teens will enjoy the dive rock. 4 pool parties with 12 or 14 year olds and they populated the entire pool. Me, I like to float around on something so depth is not a bid deal. I will say that if I don't float, yes I'm in the shallow end.
NOW, if it was all adult usage and they had drinks in their hand? yes, mono depth makes sense I guess.

I used to scuba dive so I plan exercise the deep end some testing out my gear after it gets back from dive shop.

Kids are in college. Funny, I’m a scuba diver too but know I would likely test equipment in this pool maybe once every two years.

Really just trying to figure the most use will be adults and college aged kids socializing. The deep in would be near the patio and not the best dive spot but cannonballs for sure.

Appreciate all these thoughts.

We're in the middle of our build, but decided to go all one depth, 4.5 Feet. We don't have kids so it's an adult pool or as I've heard some call it "a party pool" - I mainly based the idea off many of the resort pools I had experienced. We stayed at a resort in Maui a year and a half ago and it had a huge pool area and all the pools there were the one depth. 4.5 Feet is plenty deep enough to swim and even jump in. The only thing you really can't do is dive and we could care less about that.

Beautiful design by the way!

Another difference is temperature. If you live where the temps can climb into the 100+ for several weeks a deep end will keep the pool cooler while a shallow pool can become very warm. A shallow pool will also warm up quicker in the spring. Hanging a shade sail or netting to keep the sun off the pool during mid day can help slow the water temp rise as well. Something to consider.

Shout out to fellow divers. :cheers: Nothing like laying at the bottom of the deep end after dark looking up at the full moon for 10 minutes or more to cool down the core temp before bed.

Our pool is 3.5x5x4 and we love it! Except we would do 4x5x4 netf time. 3.5 feet is too shallow. Our pool is 41 feet long and is great for playing catch or just hanging out. Lots of room to spread out. Sometimes we make a kid side and an adult side to cut down on splashing. We do epic cannon balls into the 5 foot area. We have no regrets.

If I were going one depth, I'd want the majority of the pool 5ft so the water is right under my chin. I have an above ground that has 54" walls and some spots are a little deeper than others and I favor the deeper spots. I would never be opposed to having a sport pool with the shallowest part being 54" and 6ft in the middle. Just my preference.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.