Hate my pool area.. looking for advice

Rich G

Apr 7, 2018
WPB, FL
Just had my pool built and just not happy with the aesthetics.. neither my wife and I are very creative.

the bullnose brick was supposed to be darker than the deck color, just not a fan of the result.

looking for suggestions to spruce up our pool area before we start throwing parties

Attachments

• 6741B890-F927-4FF4-A6CE-C499FCBAAAD2.jpg
    6741B890-F927-4FF4-A6CE-C499FCBAAAD2.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 872
  • 53C4A766-9B5F-49A7-B3BC-CBA27B71AB8A.jpg
    53C4A766-9B5F-49A7-B3BC-CBA27B71AB8A.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 869
Your pool looks great and nothing better than having a blank slate. Pick a theme and go with it; beach, jungle, resort, tropical, desert, ranch (my favorite)...You and your wife are creating an environment for you and your family to enjoy, so keep it personal. Google and Pinterest are your friends.

Oh my goodness how lucky you are to be able to have plants and flowers almost year round where you are. Have you chosen conversation areas for seats?

I think you need some groupings of pots with lots of colorful flowers. A grouping should include a very large, medium and smaller pots, perhaps some shallow ones. Plants you can choose should contain some tall, some draping along the sides and some filling plants.

You also have space in the corners where the deck is not so wide for a potted ornamental tree. Perhaps a lemon?

Check out Pinterest for lots of photos to get some ideas.

Keep us posted.

Maddie :flower:

Remember for pots of flowers the rule of thumb is use a "Thriller, a filler and a spiller" meaning something large/tall, a filler for the space around the pot, and a flower or plant that drapes or spills over the edge.

Take in consideration color schemes..... do you want all different colors in flowers? Or just soothing greens? Or just a few colors tht you find in different plants?

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/f5/c0/a7/f5c0a7900acefb0ecff5f053326f83b7.jpg

Container Annuals You Can Gardens

https://www.bhg.com/gardening/container/plans-ideas/container-gardens/

Consider where you have shade or sun....or a mixture during the day and use tht to your advantage. I love the pink in the above coleus, and myself would pick up strong pinks from other types of flowers to compliment it around the patio.
Maddie :flower:

Love your pool very nice. I wish I was in Florida and able to use my pool most of the year. We are looking at just a few months here in NY. Just adding a outdoor rug, chaise loungers with some color, and pillows with a pop of color will make a difference. A small table or two to set drinks on and plants will make a world of difference. Enjoy your new pool!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just curious, nothing more: Why do you need that fence around the pool if the whole thing is enclosed? Is that common?

I’m guessing there are door and/or windows leading to outside that children could access the pool via. It is important to have the pool fully fenced and inaccessible to children. In Australia our pool fencing laws are very strict. This fence wouldn’t meet standard here, but it certainly is a great deterrent and could most definitely save his children’s lives or those of visitors.

Looks beautiful. Just add a variety of flowering pots to start with to make the space lively and go from there. Is the enclosure installed by the pool company or you got that from a different source?

An assortment of potted plants, a few chairs, maybe an area rug, move the grill away from the slider to its own dedicated space (if able). Put the grill on a grill mat or (as a thought) place on some fake dark green grass (to bring some green into the enclosed space). Strategically mount a TV, get a Sonos One speaker (it has Alexa built in). Then kick back and enjoy!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.