New York
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Hi. I would like to know why people here recommend salt test strips over the liquid solution test kit? The test strips for other analytes are no good so why is salt okay? I assume b/c we're looking for a good estimate whereas pH and others require a more precise measurement??

Thanks for the insight.

First, most folks here do recommend the Taylor salt drop test over the strips. But, the strips aren't test strips in the traditional sense. They are quite a bit more complex than the dip and look test strips. I've used the test strips since 2012 and they are fine. Yes, salt level is much more of a generality than other things we test for. Give or take a few hundred free ppm is no big deal with salt level. My salt cell will produce chlorine just fine with salt level from 2800 ppm to 4500 ppm. Most cells operate with a wide range of salt level.

Pool test strips have chemicals on them that react with the other pads, hence why some are spaced father apart, this helps them to go bad. Pool test strips also range horribly, like 30-50 cya 50-90, yeah that does no good if it was a good test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.