Acid Wash - New Jersey

dvmak

Jan 8, 2012
I had the pool re-plastered about 5 years ago and had issues with streaking fro the get-go. This past winter I had a pipe crack at the pump and lost most of the water so thinking it may be a good time to try an acid wash in the hopes of gettting a more even finish.

Anyone in the New Jersey area have recommendations on who to use?

Just a note that acid washing will make the colors slightly less apparent.. motting as they call it is a normal with plaster applications.

This is why many go for pebble finishes.

My pool does not have swirl marks but my friends does yet it kinda looks cool in my opinion.

I have the Diamonde Brite - French Grey and it just looks too discolored in some areas - hoping that an acid wash can clear some of that up. Don't expect it to completely even out but some improvment would be grat.

Bought a house with a 14 yr old pool that's missing a drain cover so thought about having the pool acid washed prior to have this replaced. I'm on the Shore and was just quoted $1200 to drain and acid wash.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.