Zodiac DEAD. which dolphin should I get? Or just buy a new Zodiac?

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Hi guys, my Zodiac just died. The black tracks kept slipping over and over and then finally the clamp that holds the tube together just broke apart. I was meaning to eventually upgrade to a dolphin. Is that the best robot out there?

Which models do you guys suggest for a 25,000 gal inground? I want something that would be able to scrub a little too.

Also, where would be the best place to buy on the cheap?

Thanks!

Dolphins aren’t cheap, as you request, but Marina Pool and Spa by phone is a good choice and they are the best choice of robots.

For refurb’s you can try poolpartz.com. That’s what I did.

I’d recommend frankly either the S or M series. The S series has many twins as well. Some may say the S is not as suited for large pools but ours is 27K and it’s fine. Goes top to bottom side to side. A longer cycle might be nice but two hours is fine unless it’s really dirty.

Dolphins aren’t cheap, as you request, but Marina Pool and Spa by phone is a good choice and they are the best choice of robots.

For refurb’s you can try poolpartz.com. That’s what I did.

I’d recommend frankly either the S or M series. The S series has many twins as well. Some may say the S is not as suited for large pools but ours is 27K and it’s fine. Goes top to bottom side to side. A longer cycle might be nice but two hours is fine unless it’s really dirty.

Thanks!

I Just talked with the guys at poolpartz.com. Great knowledgeable people! They have a refurb M400 for $999. What do you think? Its 2017 model. Is it worth it? Anything the new models have that I will miss not having?

The M Series thread has a comment that the refurb price on that model currently is not competitive with a new one from Marina.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.