Underwater caulking and sealing.

Captain 776

Bronze Supporter
May 2, 2016
Thailand
What is the correct caulking / sealer to use where it will be underwater.

the wall flanges that go from end of PVC to face of tile........builder did poor job installing them, most have space between back of flange and face of tile.
While I have it pumped doen below them now, I want a bead of caulking or a sealer over that space before refilling.

thanks

Some others may have a different input but I'd recommend two.

A 100% silicone caulk or a polyurethane caulk would be my recommendation. We use the later in a commercial application where we caulk drain plugs and cracks on large ornamental water fountains. It's what a company that refurbishes fountains uses and recommends.

Good luck,
Ralph

Do you have a West Marine near you? Or similar boat supply? Go talk with them and tell them what you are doing. See if they sell a product that can handle being underwater like that. Then before you apply it, call the product's manufacturer and get them to confirm it's use under the waterline. What you don't want is to have to remove a product that is not working, half stuck, half unstuck into what sounds like a hard to get at location. That would be a real nightmare...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.