Pool plaster stain

May 5, 2016
El Paso tx
I recently drained my pool that had sitting water since October and once it was drained there was a lot of stains throughout the pool. Last year I did an acid wash and am afraid that multiple acid washings will ruin the plaster. Is there any thing I can do to other than acid washing to get the plaster clean?IMG_1001.jpgIMG_0999.jpg

Depends on the stains really and how long they have set-in. Organic staining from algae, leaves, etc should improve with some bleaching and scrubbing. If it were iron staining (from local water with iron (well) or some old plumbing), should show improvement with ascorbic acid. Those would probably be your least aggressive measures. I would try the bleach first.

Our plaster experts might have another angle. Perhaps acid is still suitable, but mixed at a specific ratio that's less aggressive.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.