Don't buy Dollartree bleach!

pcm2a

Aug 25, 2017
Mt Juliet, Tn
I wish I had done a search on here first. I found 128oz of bleach at the dollartree for... a dollar! The date stamp was 17 360 which seemed recent enough. I added 128oz last night with a FC of 6.5, tested in the morning with a FC of 7. Dumped all of the rest in, 4 x 128, and that has raised things up to 10. Pool math tells me that the bleach contains 1.4%.

Maybe someone will see this in a search and steer clear.

Good reminder, pcm2a. We have before warned folks to steer clear of the cheap-o bleaches for just such a reason. It is either very old or very weak.

Stick to buying normal strength bleach from stores that have a fast turnover, don't store it out in their garden center, lists the strength on the bottle and check the date codes.

Maddie :flower:

No advice, just want to say Hello. I used to live in MJ, TN! Up Nonaville Rd off Saundersville Rd near the lake. We miss that home. Had a pool there too. :)

- - - Updated - - -

And YippeeSkippy, what the what! I used to live in the burbs of Augusta , out in Evans - Hardy Pointe subdivision. Small world. Had a beautiful pool there as well!! My favorite place to live by far! We just moved to Indiana in September for my husbands job. So hello Augusta! My son still lives there in Martinez.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.