TFP Expert
Apr 29, 2016
Quaker Hill, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Im looking into getting a SWG this year and I need help picking between three circupool models.

The SJ30, RJ30, and universal 40 would all fit my pool just fine but I can't figure out if all the bells and whistles on the RJ model are worth the extra cost. Or if the universal is a budget way to get a cell 4x the capacity of my pool which should in theory last me a very long time.

The SJ30 design (inverted U) is one where the hydrogen gas collects in the cell if you operate a pump on low speed. Several people have had an issue with this and the cell eventually shuts off. Also, the clear plastic could possibly allow UV ignition of the hydrogen gas which I think I remember one person posting happened to them. You could invert the cell so gas does not collect in it but if it were me, I would go with the other design.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.