# of costco padded chaise lounge chairs needed and 10 ft cantilever umbrella review?

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
1) Anyone have those padded Costco Wicker Chaise lounges for around pool? Seem nice for the price. Our pool is going to be 16x40, How many of these chairs would you recommend for a family of 4? Might have a few couple over or kids friends, but don't think it will be large amounts of people.. You think 6,8,10 chairs?????

2) The 10 Ft Canteliver umbrella? Is it good? Anyone use over their sunshelf?

This really depends on how many people you expect to be using them.

However, I find that my guests spend more time in the pool than on the patio.

We found it better to buy a few chairs at a time as we could afford (Trex, kinda pricey). Over a few years now we have all we need. Perhaps start out with 5 or 6 at the most and see if you ever need more?

Also, you can mix and match types in different areas of the pool deck. It actually looks more interesting than just buying one thing. We've mixed in wrought iron sets and other pieces in areas and find it looks "real" rather than a pool showroom.

Don't forget that come fall many shops put things on sale to clear the way...... great time to fill in the blanks.

Maddie :flower:

No one really hangs out on our loungers. Moms will set their kids in them to dry off after swimming. We had 4 and only 2 were really used. Most people hang out in the water or up on the patio in the shade when we are grilling and entertaining.
I’d say buy 4 and if after this season you feel you need more add to your collection. Small seating arrangement areas like sofas and chairs tend to draw more people in. Unless you will have a bunch of teen girls that want to layout.

1) Anyone have those padded Costco Wicker Chaise lounges for around pool? Seem nice for the price. Our pool is going to be 16x40, How many of these chairs would you recommend for a family of 4? Might have a few couple over or kids friends, but don't think it will be large amounts of people.. You think 6,8,10 chairs?????

2) The 10 Ft Canteliver umbrella? Is it good? Anyone use over their sunshelf?

I'm in the "err on the side of caution" camp. My wife and I are the only ones living in the house, but we love our pool and try to spend as much weekend time there as possible during pool season. We have 10 and are usually okay but there are absolutely days when that 's not enough. It really is a subjective thing. Having too few chairs will be obvious soon enough. There's little consequence to "too many" other than looking like a resort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.