Ryobi Underwater Stick Vacuum...anyone try it?

kjdiver

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jan 23, 2009
Virginia
I must be Ryobi's prime target customer...I can't resist buying every ONE+ tool they have. Just when I think my collection was completed this Christmas, they release something pool related!

I totally don't need this, especially with a Dolphin S300i purchase imminent. But there is always that corner in my pool by the steps with a few specs of dirt...

Anyone with feedback on this?

Home Depot Link

ryobi-pool-vacuums-p3500k-64_1000.jpg

The PoolBlaster has been around longer. I think most people that get them, like them but I don’t think they last very long because their use is so intermittent. The battery then dies quickly because of lack of use and then it goes in the discarded “toy” pile.

I was looking at getting a Volt, but now I see this? Darn it.

Having replaceable batteries is a huge plus, especially ones as ubiquitous as the ONE+ which I already have a small collection. The Volt FX-8Li looks to be a bigger and more capable unit, and the option of finer filter bags is a nice plus, but the sealed internal battery is a drawback. Aside of the "dead battery = trash unit" issue, being able to switch them out on the fly and extend vacuuming time is something that would come in handy for my use. Looks like it even has room for a 4 Ah pack so you can get something like 2 hours of continuous use, for getting every single speck of dust. :cool:

I don't have the Ryobi so I can not comment.
What I will say is all the lawn tools that I have used that have replaceable batteries have not done well for me, and this is close to one of them, earthwise, black/decker, my opinion are junk.
I have had the pool blaster maxx for about 4 years and it worked good, not great, but good.
Even with the ultra fine bag it it let a lot of fine stuff bypass and go back into pool which showed up a few hours later.
Always laid everything out , apart in the sun to dry out but eventually interior battery area started to rust, took it all apart and threw it all away and ordered a new sealed lithium battery set up from them at the end of last swimming season.
Runs faster, more suction and battery charger a little more battery friendly as to not keep charging.
I would pass on that unit as I feel it will run about 40 minutes and die, very slowly.
I tried to look up type of battery it uses.
If not L,Ion it will run but very slowly at the end of cycle forever and not pick anything up.Same as pool blaster without Ion batt.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.