Damage from Ridiculous Cold Temps in January

ny2nc

Bronze Supporter
Dec 19, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Hi All!

Here in NC the weather was below freezing a staggering number of days in a row back in January. I mean, a ridiculous number of days for this area! Our pool was open and thank goodness we had already found you all because you talked me off a cliff about the equipment freezing and causing utter panic and mayhem! Unfortunately, now that it has thawed and we have watched the equipment run for a few weeks there was some kind of slight damage to this liiiiiiiittle piece of pipe near our chlorinator (the tube for the pucks that we no longer use!).

This liiiiiiiiiittle piece drips ever so slightly, and very slowly. Does anyone know how to replace this/where to find the parts to replace this/any other grand ideas I may have missed?

20180218_103322.jpg20180218_103328.jpg

I second the ridiculous amount of cold days in a row here. Argh. I swear my equipment isn’t acting right either. I’ve been watching it but now that’s it’s warmer I’ll be poking around more.

ny

First you have to be sure where the water is originating: if from the blue tape, you just take apart, add a couple extra revolutions of tape, then tighten to spec.

If however, the plastic is cracked., you can repair it w a water-based JB Weld. Make sure all the water is completely removed from the cracked part [hair-dryer], then follow the instructions per JB Weld. It says to let it set for 1 hr, I'd let it set longer, depending on your ambient temps and humidity. If you kept the hair dryer around, you can use it to speed up the curing, but do it in many short intervals, not one long heating session...

Of course, another option is to orde the broken part and replace it, if that is eco-feasible & desired.

Good luck, tstex

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.