Solaskimmer - any experience.

No experience but it looks pretty cool. The nice thing about Costco is their return policy is incredible. I once went there to inquire about the date I had purchased a mattress. After finding out it had been a year the associate asked me if I wanted to return it. I wouldn’t never return something I had for a year but the fact that they offered because I didn’t like it was crazy awesome.

I sure hope it holds up better than my Solar Breeze did! After only 2 years it started to have problems. The Solar Breeze, in my opinion, is only a fair product. It never cleaned the leaves from the side of the pool (always had to manually skim those), it got stuck in my skimmer openings until I modified the skimmer openings, never ran as long under solar charging as promised, never seemed to move forward much (it liked reverse better). Sent it in twice for repair but never returned to work as suggested by the documentation. This unit, I believe can be charged via solar power or by a plug so that's a plus on those week long cloudy periods.

I just don't think any surface skimmer is quite yet ready for prime time, they help somewhat, but your always going to have to supplement by manual skimming and or modifying your pool to the particular brand of surface robot you buy.
Just my two cents! But at that price I would try it over the Solar Breeze!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.