First Time Pool Family

Moved the sock and mushed it a bit, and it is now disappearing rapidly, as it is directly in front of the return jet. Here are my numbers:

FC 4.5 (it was .5 about 2.5 hours ago so I added half a jug of bleach so the kids could swim)
CC 0
TC 4.5
pH 7.1
T/A 100

Should I add borax to bring the ph up? And does the TA need to be reduced at all?

Thanks so much for the help once again!

Ok, I won't worry about the TA. Is the CYA level accurate, or does it take a few days after dissolving to reach it's true measure? I'm just wondering if I need to add anymore CYA, or if it will naturally rise over the next few days? Thanks

Ok, I won't worry about the TA. Is the CYA level accurate, or does it take a few days after dissolving to reach it's true measure? I'm just wondering if I need to add anymore CYA, or if it will naturally rise over the next few days? Thanks

PoolSchool said:
Solid cyanuric acid can take up to a week to fully register on the test, so it is best not to test the CYA level until one week after adding some.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.