swg wired to pump relay ?

reno79

Apr 26, 2016
fellsmere fl 32948
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
have had many informative conversations as to how to get the swg to shut off with the pump. pool people did not supply timer when pool was built therefor the builder that had his own electricions were not aware of need to install. now i have pointing fingers as to who should wire timer - have solar touch so it looks like timer is my answer. pool people have given me a timer then said not their fault one was not installed. swg has blown along with fittings twice now. will go the timer route but are we saying the v s p has no way to be wired to the swg - thus timer needed or go the more expensive route with sun or easy touch. pentair replaced swg after last blow and said nothing like where is the timer. makes you wonder if anyone knows what they are doing ?

I recommend that you update your signature with the make and model of your variable speed pump and salt chlorine generator, this will help us help you.

I have no automation and am not familiar with the Solar Touch capabilities.

I have a mechanical timer that controls the power to my Pentair Salt Chlorine Generator Power Center/Cell. It turns on at 9am and turns off at 7pm.

I have my VSP programmed to come on at 8:30am and go off at 7:30pm, so the pump is always running when the SCG is on. This setup works fine.

There is no way I know of for my VSP to be wired to/directly control my SCG, without adding automation with that capability.

It sounds like you are using the on-board programming of your VSP to control when it runs, and the setup is relying on the flow switch of the SCG to turn the SCG on/off, as you have discovered this is not correct.

In my mind the "pool people" are in charge of the design/build of your pool and they should supply all equipment needed to subcontractors. Having the SCG off when the pump is off is a required safety feature, it is not optional. The pool people should take care of having the timer installed.

all you have said pertains to my situation. am now in the process of finding who will wire the timer. pool builders has given me the timer and said builder should have had his electritions wire it in. still can't figure how co. inspectors or anyone else with the pool build would let this dangerous pool final be overlooked. thank you for you're info . pool builders said they always install a timer - not. no one seems to fear lawsuit if it blows the 3rd time and kills someone after being alerted

have the pentair intellacore 40 electricion to install timer that pool builders gave me then said home builder should have installed it. how can you install timer if its not supplied by pool builder ? would never use this pool builder again. think there is plenty of blame for all involved that you can't soley reley on the switch in the swg. lucky no one hurt with the two blow ups'

Thanks Mike. I have been searching for days regarding this issue. I just posted my question when I came upon this post. May I assume from your post that you have not found a way to wire the SWG to the pump? That is what I am trying to do. If so, I will go with the separate timer and have the SWG go on and off before and after the pump goes on and off. By the way, what is the lowest RPM that you run you pump? Does it generate chlorine at the lowest RPM you run?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.