FC climbing

Oct 23, 2017
Miami, FL
I'm pretty comfortable with my chemistry at this point. TA may be a little high but I'll let that adjust.

Yesterday,

FC=6.5
pH=7.6
TA=90
CYA=60-70

Today,

FC=8.0
pH=7.6
TA=100

Currently my SWG runs for 5 hours a day. I will dial that down to 4 hours tomorrow. I'm wondering though, for a pool my size, what is the minimum the pump/filter should operate?

Unfortunately, it's an INTEX and I can't dial in SWG hours and total pump hours. It's all or nothing. At least I don't know how to do that. I will shut off the pump tomorrow. Test the next day and see what happens.

Thanks in advance.

There is no minimum run time. The goal is to keep the water clear and balanced. You might need to run for 2 hours, it may only be 20 minutes. FC demand in the winter months is very small for most pools.

One thing to watch for is if the water temp gets below 60° the salt cell will stop producing chlorine and you may need to manually dose.

One thing to watch for is if the water temp gets below 60° the salt cell will stop producing chlorine and you may need to manually dose.

I'm in Miami. I don't think temp below 60 is a problem! Sorry y'all.

Going to reduce it leave it off tomorrow and set for 3 hours on the following day and see what happens.

Thanks.

I'm pretty happy with my chemistry now. And the water is crystal clear. BTW, temp is 78 after a bright sunny day today. It was down to 74 the other day but we had overnight temps of 62 for a couple nights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.