Putting a new face on an old friend - PICS!!!!

Re: Putting a new face on an old friend

No new pics as yet because the city is still going thru the paperwork on getting a permit and then scheduling the inspection.

Sigh....

They did get some stone on the BBQ island last night. After reviewing it, they used the wrong color of mortar/grout (sigh...), and didn't follow our instructions about the grout width & depth.... double sigh....

They will take all of it off tonight and re-work it. He is having to do the work in the evenings due to our heat.

Sunday they are scheduled to start staining our back patio in an attempt to get something done whilst we wait on the city's inspection of our gas line.

Finally, no rain and work has started again.

Here is a pic of the finished bbq island. The wooden doors will be made soon and the sealant has yet to be applied. The Leuders stone turned out very nice!!

Attachments

• IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 594

Here is a pic of the cleared area at the back side of the pool where the waterfall will be constructed. We envision 4 different table top/flagstone waterfalls that we hope to be as natural looking as a man-made project can be.

Attachments

• IMG_0360.JPG
    IMG_0360.JPG
    209.6 KB · Views: 590

This is another angle on the same area that shows the poured concrete pad a bit better. Also, notice the two black, vertical pipes in the foreground. THey are the natural gas lines for the fire in the waterfall! :goodjob:

Attachments

• IMG_0361.JPG
    IMG_0361.JPG
    231.7 KB · Views: 590

This is where they left it today at about 4:00pm. Notice the two "waterfall chutes/tabletop flagstone" on the left and the one that is still being constructed. We are trying to keep them from showing the rectangular aspects of the tabletop flagstone with the straight lines. We are attempting to get the water to fall in different ways into the pool. Believe it or not, that ain't easy! :roll: It actually looked like 3 "thrones" or "chairs" when I arrived and had to ask them to change things to break up the straight lines.

But, we have a great crew of guys now. I look forward to what they create tomorrow.

The plan is to finish and then clean/prep for the river rok spray on Friday and then fill on Friday night or Sat.

:whoot:

Attachments

• IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    250.9 KB · Views: 587

We had an exising cheapo wood burning "fire pit" which you see in this picture but we are putting in a natural gas firepit which is slightly in front of the old one. It will have flat flagstone stacked in a radial fashion with mortar on the inside only. The "pan" will hold lava rock and glass, which should look really nice.

Attachments

• IMG_0375.JPG
    IMG_0375.JPG
    247.4 KB · Views: 586

Here is a look at the all-new equipment. I have no idea yet what to list LOL, but will do so when I can. I know we have a remote control :whoot: , so that gets my vote :goodjob:. We did have to install a new pump for the waterwall which you see on the left in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.JPG
    IMG_0379.JPG
    176.5 KB · Views: 584

New pics soon! We have water in our pool!!! I've been taking pics of water in different lighting and from different angles to show the lucayan blue in all its glory LOL.

Here is a pic of the pool filling. You can still see the flagstone sitting area not yet underwater....

Attachments

• IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    204.3 KB · Views: 500

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Here it is mostly full. Obviously, the water color will change as the pool is brushed twice daily for the next 2 weeks. At that time, the salt will be added.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 497

Here is a pic of the two fire rings. They are located on the right side of the waterfall, of which, we have 4 individual waterfalls, each with a manual control on the water flow rate.

The fire rings will be covered by more rock once the final "gas" inspection is performed by the city.

Attachments

• IMG_0400.JPG
    IMG_0400.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 492

I will get a picture of the waterfalls in action soon.

We still have a final cleanup and then the surrounding lighting and landscaping.

More pics to follow!

Hmnnn, this is the best photo I have so far. I will try to get a better one maybe with different lighting. It is hard to photograph clear water dribbling over rocks LOL.

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 467
Update....

Sigh....

Where do I begin... work is needed to (1) replace damaged areas or to (2) repeat poorly performed work. Apparently, our Contractor thinks his job is to show up and tell us how wonderful a job his subs did despite obvious flaws and damages to our property :party: . We have exchanged names of lawyers :blah: , so now I hope he is motivated to fix everything damaged by his workers.

I will update some finished pics soon.

Hi there! I have 2 questions for you regarding your pool finish:
Is that Lucayan Blue with another color added to it? And did you do your steps in a different color? (I ask because it looks alot lighter than Lucayan Blue by itself).

cdkutz said:
Hi there! I have 2 questions for you regarding your pool finish:
Is that Lucayan Blue with another color added to it? And did you do your steps in a different color? (I ask because it looks alot lighter than Lucayan Blue by itself).

Nope, that is purely lucayan blue. I've been "told" by our contractor that he used a very dense mixture of aggregate within the plaster/lucayan blue. He "said" many companies will mix in very little aggregate to rip-off the home owner. I don't know if that affects the final pool color but we do like it!!!!!

I have MANY, MANY pics of the pool in different lighting that I can email you if you need. We think that in "overcast" weather it looks a bit more aqua and in sunny weather it looks a bit more blue-ish which is exactly what we were wanting.

The steps are the same mix. They look a bit different because there isn't as much water on them as the deeper parts of the pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.