Not draining in the winter

richierich

Bronze Supporter
Jul 12, 2013
Long Island, NY
Hello all. I wanted to get opinions if this is ok. Im not draining my pool since I have a micromesh cover. I'm using the aquador and and threaded cap for the return. I have small small amounts of water coming out of both. I took pictures of the tiny amount of water. Does anyone think this would cause a problem? See pics below. First is the small amount of water at the back of the pic right near the aquador cover. The second one is the small amount of water coming out the return. I'm paranoid about ice damage thanks. IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0475.jpg

Cut up a pool noodle and stuff it down the skimmer. Wedge it in there so one end is at the bottom of the skimmer basket and the other is at the aquador.

For the return, are you taking the picture from outside the pool looking at where the return hose would hook up? If the leaking water will just run out on the ground there should be no issues. Next time wrap some teflon tape around that plug to get a better seal.

Thanks for the reply. Yes that return pic is from outside the pool where the hose would be hooked up. I did use teflon tape and thread sealant paste and hand turned as much as I can.

Maybe I'm being paranoid since its such a small amount of water and it would just drip out....

I'm not really understanding the pool noodle thing? Do you have a picture perhaps?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.