Bugs and Centipedes

Hello TFP,
So our new Pool has been clear as crystal since she’s been up and running for about a month now. No issues with chems. Landscaping is currently under way. I put my Pentair Kreepy Krauly 920 in today which has been run quite a few times with great results. It came out with about a hundred pill bugs and about 5 or so what I think are centipedes. Some of the centipedes actually appeared to be alive. So I cleaned the filter and ran it again. Same thing. Tested water and everything appears normal. What gives? I live in Nebraska and it is currently very cold around here although today seemed to warm up a bit. Water is hovering at around 57 degrees.

Anyone have this experience?

Welcome to TFP somewhereinthesun, if you haven’t been already!

I will address your last question about being a supporter. On the TFP website there is an opportunity to give $$to maintain the website. I did this and I believe there is a badge of some sort indicating my support next to my screen name on this post. It is good to support TFP by purchasing the TF 100 kit but even better to support their efforts with a gift of $$ support— definitely worth supporting. I have received much help and saved much $$ over this past swim season due to advice obtained here. I access the forum from my iPhone through Tapatalk so I don’t see signatures the way they are seen on the TFP website. Good luck with your bugs! My guess is they are looking for water (has it been a dry year?) —and unfortunately have found too much.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.