Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Wireless Floating speakers

1. Back To Top    #1

Wireless Floating speakers

Greetings,

I've been looking for some good outdoor speakers to use when we're in our pool. I ran across this:

http://www.technosonic.com/product_d....php?id=WFS305

as an auction on Ebay and was wondering if anyone had read or heard anything about these speakers. I'm also considering some outdoor speakers, instead of the floating ones, that look like rocks and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good pair.

Thanks,
    Magnus

2. Back To Top    #2
    First off, Welcome to TFP. Thanks for joining.

May I first direct you to this thread about outdoor speakers
    Audio Options

That might help you steer in the right direction. Good luck with your choices and let us know what you decided.
    MIKE

21K Inground Custom w/ Spa (Gunite/Plaster), SWCG, Hayward Northstar, Polaris 280, Hayward Color Logics, Jandy PS-8

3. Back To Top    #3
    magnus...I have these mounted under mu covered porch...

http://www.klipsch.com/products/details ... spx#photos

they are in the corners, so the bass response is even better from the additional port assitance. You can get them at Best Buy for about 280.00 a pair

for the rock typ speakers, I would browse around on tis site...they have a ton of options.

http://www.outdoorspeakerdepot.com/index.html

good luck and "Rock On"

Also look at putting an outdoor volume control...keeps you from having to run inside and back out when you need to turn up and down.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

4. Back To Top    #4
    I have a pair of Yamaha's mounted under my covered porch out back, and although my pool is about 120 feet from this location, because my pool lies somewhat downhill from these speakers, they sound absolutely awesome both on the deck and down by the pool (if turned up some of course). The sound is very full and the bass carries nicely which is an important requirement for outdoor speakers or else they sound like am radio.
    I've seen those pool floating speakers at a local pool store, and they sound about as good as a pair of headphones left unattended, besides that, all this wireless stuff eats batteries like crazy - you're best to go with something wired, even if you have to bury some cable to do it, it's a small price to pay for quality.

5. Back To Top    #5
    This is a little on the lower end, but I bought these at best buy for 80 bucks. I have them mounted under the porch in my back yard and they sound great. I have neighbors right behind me, so it's not like I can crank it up too loud very often. If you're looking for a lower cost alternative for outdoor speakers, I give them a thumbs up. The mounting hardware and the speaker design looked an awful lot like the Klipsch that was connected right next to it...

Brian
    20K IG Gunite w/ raised 7ft spillover spa. 1.5 HP Hayward Northstar pump 425 sq ft Hayward cartridge filter, Colorlogic lights AquaRite SWG AquaLogic PS-8 control
    1hp pump for sheer descent

6. Back To Top    #6

heck out the phoenix gold outdoor speakers. I seen them on jr.com for like 30.00 for a pair.
    :grin::grin: Yes I am a newbie :grin::grin:

Grecian 17'x33' Vinyl liner pool
    ZeoBrite filteration
    SWG Aqua-rite
    Sta-Rite Dura-Glas 1.5hp pump.
    SAM Light

21037.5 gallons

7. Back To Top    #7

Outdoor Speakers

Thanks for all the comments and advice. I managed to pick up a pair of KLH outdoor rock speakers off of Ebay the other day. I'll be wiring them into my stereo system as soon as I get them.

Thanks again,
    Magnus

8. Back To Top    #8
    For Real audiophiles, here is a speaker that can either be installed in new construction in a standard pool light niche, float on top of the water for both out of water and underwater audio or be submerged. It comes with a waterproof 25' audio cable that you can then route to your sound system.

These are the speakers used by the Olmypics, NASA and many hotels. But at nearly $600.00, you better really like swimming to the grooves.

http://www.stargatecinema.com/Clark-Syn ... 17255.html
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

9. Back To Top    #9

WOW! Wonder how well it sounds. Seems like you're spending a ton on money on water proofing and less on sound quality. Money is probably better spent on some pool side speakers.

I've got my eye on the Boston Voyager 6's and the 12" sub. Has anyone head them?

bostonacoustics.com
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by crabboy
    WOW! Wonder how well it sounds. Seems like you're spending a ton on money on water proofing and less on sound quality. Money is probably better spent on some pool side speakers.
    Except you cant hear those underwater which is the point of those speakers. It makes sense...IF your in Cirque de Soleil or an Olympian.

11. Back To Top    #11

Yea, I see now. I thought it was a floating speaker like the one mentioned in the first post. A luxury I probably don't need at my pool.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

12. Back To Top    #12
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

I am sure the backswimmers and Boatmen would appreciate it

Hmmm would my kids music chase them out of the pool?