Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy Aquapure 1400 issue

1. Back To Top    #1

Jandy Aquapure 1400 issue

The controller for my pool periodically gives a general fault of no flow and says to check pump. I can see that the water is circulating in the pool and overflowing the spa. My controller will display the pool water temp and the salt content just no give a flow signal. Is there an issue with the flow sensor for the Aquapure or is it possibly dirty? Thanks in advance for any help.
    12000 gal IG plaster, SWCG, cartridge filter, Spillover Spa

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Jandy Aquapure 1400 issue

Hi

I found this thread by doing a Google search (bottom Left corner) for your issue.

http://www.troublefreepool.com/jandy...elp-t7409.html

Can you post a full set of test results? That might give us some clues.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

I took the flow sensor out and cleaned, made sure there was no build up in the cell. I also turned the power off to the unit and disconnected the sensor wiring and reconnected. When I turned the system back on I still get the general fault of no flow, check filter pump. Test results this morning were: FC 0.4, CC 0, pH 7.5, TA 70, CYA 60 and CH of 350. I know the stabilizer is a little low, but has been at this level before with no problem. Is there any way that I can test the flow switch or jumper around it so that I am not just changing parts? Thanks in advance for the help.

Forgot to mention, I added a jug of bleach to get the FC up to 4.5 and a bag of salt to see if the salinity meter would register an increase in the amount of salt. The salinity went up the expected 350ppm. The temperature reading is also correct when checked against another thermometer.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well its good to keep up on the chlorine until you get this figured out. The CYA level is not so low it should be causing this problem. I wish I had more knowledge where this is concerned to offer advice, hopefully someone who knows whats what will be along shortly.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

5. Back To Top    #5

Take a look at the 3rd post in this thread, there is a link the a 1400 troubleshooting manual.

jandy-aquapure-apure1400-t13197.html

If the link to the guide is dead, I have a copy I can send you.
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Replace your flow/salinity sensor. I have been replacing a lot of these buggers lately. I think Jandy is having a problem with these but they won't admit to it .
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for the info, just what I was looking for. I'm waiting to get off nightshift so I can check it out.