Chlorine Loss Jumped

Mickey Moose

Jul 28, 2015
Dallas, TX
A 30-day chart, oldest at left. Notice yesterday's test where Chlorine loss crossed above FC. Average daily loss for the 30-day period is 2.4, with the highest being 3 until yesterday's loss of 4. Nothing was seemingly out of the ordinary with the last two days. Weather has been the same, no debris in the pool, pool wasn't used, all other test are normal. I'll post a follow-up this afternoon after testing.

chart.jpg

If, at the time you sampled, the pool had not been circulating for a while, you may have got a suppressed FC level due to your sample not being from homogeneous pool water.

If, at the time you sampled, the pool had not been circulating for a while, you may have got a suppressed FC level due to your sample not being from homogeneous pool water.
Good point, though not the case. I test in the afternoon - typically 4 - 6 PM... pool has been circulating since 8 AM. In addition, I always get my sample from the same place, including depth.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.