Palm Desert, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
Thinking of adding a small step pool shelf (6"x8") to our existing IG pool. We're doing a re-plaster with mini-pebble and it's another $3k to add the shelf.
I'm wanting to know if it'll be worth the spend and if it adds value to the home's value or if y'all even use the shelfs?
I love the pool for swimming but don't lay out much as we live in the desert and laying out on the hot concrete deck makes it impossible to step around, so a water covered shelf in the pool makes sense-even if we already have a smaller 12,000 gallon pool.
It's basically whether we spend $3,000 in the pool shelf or take that $3,000 and use it to have a paved driveway=better curb appeal. Our pool is in front yard, so it gets seen a lot.
A final question, what depth do ya like for a shelf and should it be 1st step down or 2nd?

A 6 foot x 8 foot shelf would make the pool more appealing, but i doubt it would add any money at all to your home sales price. Are you moving? If not, then make the investment in your own happiness and pool enjoyment. If you are moving, skip it.

My shelf is around a foot maybe a little more. See my sig line below for pics of it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.