New Build In Sanger, TX

No new work to the pool. Cabana framing complete. Masons are working on the fireplace this week. Then brick and outdoor kitchen.

2017-11-21_15-39-22_230.jpg

2017-11-21_15-39-40_777.jpg

2017-11-21_16-08-21_460.jpg

2017-11-22_14-30-52_398.jpg

2017-11-24_10-58-11_029.jpg

2017-11-24_10-59-11_438.jpg

Fireplace just started.
2017-11-27_17-42-01_175.jpg

I have to figure out a trim for the inside of these openings. I thought they would put brick on the inside. I'm thinking I can get some cedar planks, wet them and bend into position.
2017-10-07_10-43-46_188.jpg

Masons have made good progress. They worked non-stop on the project including Sunday. Today they will finish the brick and tomorrow they will finish the kitchen.

Fireplace complete. It looks great. We used the same stone as what is on the front of our house. I think the guys were glad that we didn't use this everywhere as it is very dense.

2017-12-02_16-15-00_706 (1).jpg

I installed the travertine on our upper patio. I added a star because I like to make my life difficult.

2017-12-02_16-57-09_708 (1).jpg

Putting the cap on the chimney.

2017-12-02_17-00-45_564 (1).jpg

Brickwork almost complete.

2017-12-03_15-04-39_806.jpg

Bar install underway.

2017-12-03_16-40-28_107 (1).jpg

Bar complete.

2017-12-03_19-06-40_654.jpg

It's looking really nice. The stone work on the fireplace is awesome! Where is the TV going?

Bob

TV will go on the wall next to the fireplace. I'm going to build an enclosure for it with doors so I can close it when not in use. A hopeful attempt to keep the mud daubers from building nests in the summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Pool equipment is being set and plumbed today. The masons will finish today and the electrician is scheduled for Thursday. Fri-Sat for cleanup. Looking like pool interior will be done Tues-Wed of next week.

We are so close.

Plaster guys show up today?

No. I had a discussion with them today because they now tell me it wont be until after the 1st of the year. The pool has been sitting here for 2 months now. Granted, the cabana has been under construction and so not having water in the pool while that mess was underway was for the best. I was told they cant do the plaster when there is a risk of freezing temps and they may require I sign something because there wont be sod around the pool to keep the dust down and prevent it from getting on the plaster??? Never heard of that on all the threads I've read here.

The electricians are here today wiring everything up. They inform me that their work order does not tell them to bring power over from the house. They have now been told otherwise.

This project started 3 months ago. We have only had maybe 3 days of rain if that. I feel like this is sufficient time to complete the job. To be honest, I'm just ready for it to be over.

That's insane!! What do they do in northern states where it's colder? Only plaster pools Jun-Sept?

Also dust? Isn't that what the cleaning equipment is supposed to do?

Yes on the first one though probably May-October or slightly longer if they are sure of the weather. Our pool was the first/early in line for our PB at early-mid May. They will build but won't do plaster until later. THough there are those who may tent a pool, heat it with propane and plaster. I've heard of that. But it just adds to the expense. Our plaster crew came from Texas so the PB said.

Well, squeaky wheel gets the grease.

I made a call to my buddy at the pool company and told him plaster after the first would not be good. I told him it wouldn't be good representation of his company if we have people over and the pool still does not have water. He said he would check into it. He got back with me later that day and said they scheduled me for the 20th. Well, this morning the cleaning guys show up and told me plaster is going in tomorrow.

Electricians are running power from the house to my panel in the cabana now so all is good for now.

I have some masonry items that need to be handled and gas hook-up to my heater and kitchen equipment. That is all to happen on Monday.

We are so excited for this part of the process to be over. It's been interesting and I have learned a ton from this site. My work is just starting. I have electrical to run in the cabana, bathroom and storage room. Plumbing to finish. Sheetrock and tile work. It's going to give me plenty to do. At least I'll have a spa to enjoy for those end of day aches and pains.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My work is just starting. I have electrical to run in the cabana, bathroom and storage room. Plumbing to finish. Sheetrock and tile work, daily brushing, and chemicals to balance. It's going to give me plenty to do. At least I'll have a spa to enjoy for those end of day aches and pains.

Sweet feeling to get to the end! I added a couple of tasks to your list to ensure you were properly overloaded. :poke:

Well, good news, bad news.

The clean-up guys came out yesterday and I was told they would be plastering my pool today. I was so excited. The guys show up early this morning and begin taping everything off and prepping. I figured this was a good time to check on the color to ensure I was getting what I requested. We were sold a product called Micro Fusion (Color: Laguna) made by Finest Finish. We were told this was an upgrade. When I asked about the color, the plaster guy shows me a bag of blue pebbles and smaller bags with "Aqua Blue" on the label. I looked it up and it appears the Aqua Blue color is a Stonescapes product. I'm sure it's a good product as well but it wasn't what we requested.

Well - no plaster in the pool because the company that was here is not authorized to install the micro fusion product.

They had installed plastic and taped everything up by the time the were told. I'm sure they weren't happy. PB super said if I would have let it go I might have gotten it for free. I want it right, not free.

So, good news is I caught the mistake. Bad new is the company that can install right stuff can't do it until 1/18. :thumbdown:

Wow that sucks! The good news is you still have plenty to keep you busy! Having that spa working on this string of cold nights we've been having sure would have been nice though. I would mention to the builder that they need to keep on top of any openings the plaster guys might have. There could easily be a cancellation on another job between now and January 18th and, like you said, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Bob

Only the hot tub, too cheap to heat the pool! It's been great though. We went with the Laguna as well. It seemed to take a few weeks before the plaster started to sparkle but it looks great.

We had a great experience with TNT, I'm sure they will take good care of you.

Now they say plaster tomorrow. We will see. Unfortunately, I won't be here so my wife will be lest with the responsibility to verifying color and type. I also told the PB super I wanted him here as well.

We've been able to enjoy the fireplace. I'm going to have to stock up on firewood.

2017-12-10_16-36-54_189.jpg

Propane line went in for the heater and kitchen equipment.

2017-12-18_10-08-39_004.jpg

I am doing all interior finish out. Electrical is well underway and now I started working on the cedar planked wall. I haven't decided what I'm going to do for a finish. I'll test burning, etc. before I do it to the finished walls.
TV will be mounting to this wall.

2017-12-17_19-52-42_679.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.