Burying an above ground pool

Hi I'm new here and don't have a pool yet. We are thinking about getting an above ground oval 18x33 pool but want to bury it 27-30 inches to be level with an existing deck. The installation company I've talked to is very hesitant about doing this and says it's inevitable that the wall will cave in during a liner change. Is this true? Anyone have a similar pool and have had issue or no issues? The pool we are looking at is warrantied to be buried 27 inches.

My pool is cut into the slope of my yard.

End view of pool.JPG

Will this pool be down in a hole or sloped ground with high side and low side. If in a hole you will need to provide drainage for any water that gets trapped in the hole.

I would check to see if there is another pool dealer or installer in your area that has experience installing partially buried pools. The hole around the pool should be backfilled with crushed stone or other material that drains well and not have dirt packed up against the walls.

Sorry, was going to look into this last night when I got home from work. The fence and deck we ordered along with the pool. I still have the folder from the order.

Getting HVAC system replaced today, so I've been a little preoccupied.

We ended up not burying the pool. We bought a semi in ground design that was engineered to withstand the pressure of a back fill but the big thing we failed to check was the water table height.

If you bury your pool below the water table height, your liner WILL float leading to all kinds of headaches. To test my water table heights, I used a post hole digger and dug test holes in the area I had laid out for pool install. Manufacturer recommended no more than 30" depths for the hole. So I post hole dug 10 holes 36" deep and monitored them over a few weeks. They all filled with water to at least 10" of the surface! UGH!! So much for burying the pool!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.