Pentair Rebate Denial

May 25, 2016
Richardson, TX
Pentair denied my rebate submission for a pump, claiming that it had to be installed by a professional to get the rebate. Nowhere on Pentair's rebate site or the distributor I purchased from had that exclusion. It's there for warranty period limitation, but not for rebate.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes, Pentair limits warranties and rebates contingent upon professional installation. This has long been their policy. I haven't read this personally but many, many people on TFP have commented on these facts so it must be documented somewhere.

Curiosity got the better of me so I took a Google and found this, here, IntelliFlo and IntelliPro Rebate
RULES ABOUT THE REBATE

Get $100 back on select IntelliFlo and IntelliPro variable speed pumps, including the new IntelliFlo and IntelliPro VSF variable speed and flow pumps. Qualifying purchases must be made in store (or from a pool builder or a pool service professional) and professionally installed between April 1, 2017, and September 30, 2017. Online purchases not qualifying. You must redeem within 30 days of purchase to qualify for a $100 Pentair Visa®*Prepaid Card.

Reactions: RJNavarrete
Makes no sense to me. I could see a battle over who installed as far as the warranty goes but what difference does it make for a rebate!!! Besides that lets say you buy a motor that's a replacement for the original motor meaning plumbing and wiring is already there and all you do is hook it up then the three year warranty should be in place also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.