Our neighbors expect an invitation to swim...

we live in a cul-da-sac with only 5 homes, and we the only one with kids so no problems here...... but we do have family lol..... when we first started the pool build I told my wife, that anyone is gladly welcomed to come swim anytime, but we do have rules! no running, no backflips, watch your own kids and definitely need to be completely dried up before going inside the house to use restroom if needed.... needless to say some adults cant even follow rules and have no control their own kids... and that really gets our temper up.... we hated seeing how people just walk in the house all wet through our wooden floors, leave towels in the restroom floor , etc.... just no respect while in other peoples home, so after about the 2nd or 3rd time,,, my wife gladly had a talk with her family and I did with mine.... we stated again that everyone is welcome to come swim but we have rules, and if rules weren't applied then they are not welcome no more..... needless to say we didn't have much visitors this summer! lol.... I just disagreed that my kids had to follow rules while they watched the "visitors" do as they liked.... im all about having a good time with family and friends, in fact I buy all the drinks and food and don't mind at all aslong as we have a good time.... but at the end of the day we didn't appreciated people coming and doing as they like... so guess what.... life goes on..... its been nice too lol

we live in a cul-da-sac with only 5 homes, and we the only one with kids so no problems here...... but we do have family lol..... when we first started the pool build I told my wife, that anyone is gladly welcomed to come swim anytime, but we do have rules! no running, no backflips, watch your own kids and definitely need to be completely dried up before going inside the house to use restroom if needed.... needless to say some adults cant even follow rules and have no control their own kids... and that really gets our temper up.... we hated seeing how people just walk in the house all wet through our wooden floors, leave towels in the restroom floor , etc.... just no respect while in other peoples home, so after about the 2nd or 3rd time,,, my wife gladly had a talk with her family and I did with mine.... we stated again that everyone is welcome to come swim but we have rules, and if rules weren't applied then they are not welcome no more..... needless to say we didn't have much visitors this summer! lol.... I just disagreed that my kids had to follow rules while they watched the "visitors" do as they liked.... im all about having a good time with family and friends, in fact I buy all the drinks and food and don't mind at all aslong as we have a good time.... but at the end of the day we didn't appreciated people coming and doing as they like... so guess what.... life goes on..... its been nice too lol

Man, I feel your pain. The neighbor thing has never been an issue with us. Some of the neighborhood kids "invite" themselves to come swim through our kids on occasion. But that's not a big deal and we allow it as long as we're out there too sometimes. Other than that, we invite other neighbor couple friends over and enjoy having them. Many of them have pools also.

But the family thing......sheesh.

My SIL and her husband and kids come use the pool sometimes. They at least ask and we allow it. But when they leave, it's like a massive cleanup effort on our....well, my part. Picking up their empty water bottles and juice boxes laying all over the place, hanging up the towels (ours since they don't bring their own) that are left wet on the pool deck, and then gathering all the floats and pool toys that they just leave in the pool when they're done, many of which are stuck in the skimmers and have been for most of the time they've been there. And then I've been informed on their way out the door before that one of the little ones had an "accident" in the pool, and not the #1 variety, and some of it might have gotten into the pool. Great.....so that has to be dealt with.

Drives me nuts.

Man, I feel your pain. The neighbor thing has never been an issue with us. Some of the neighborhood kids "invite" themselves to come swim through our kids on occasion. But that's not a big deal and we allow it as long as we're out there too sometimes. Other than that, we invite other neighbor couple friends over and enjoy having them. Many of them have pools also.

But the family thing......sheesh.

My SIL and her husband and kids come use the pool sometimes. They at least ask and we allow it. But when they leave, it's like a massive cleanup effort on our....well, my part. Picking up their empty water bottles and juice boxes laying all over the place, hanging up the towels (ours since they don't bring their own) that are left wet on the pool deck, and then gathering all the floats and pool toys that they just leave in the pool when they're done, many of which are stuck in the skimmers and have been for most of the time they've been there. And then I've been informed on their way out the door before that one of the little ones had an "accident" in the pool, and not the #1 variety, and some of it might have gotten into the pool. Great.....so that has to be dealt with.

Drives me nuts.

and to top it off, they think we are the rude ones lol....

My SIL and her husband and kids come use the pool sometimes. They at least ask and we allow it. But when they leave, it's like a massive cleanup effort on our....well, my part.

Wow! That would happen ONCE to me.

If you don't want a confrontation, I'm a big believer in passive-aggression: take a pic of the carnage and send it to them with, "WHOA! Someone broke in and trashed the place after you left! Did you see anyone lurking around? Did the gate latch like it should?????"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.