Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward psi pressure Sand filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward psi pressure Sand filter

We had a new above ground Outback brand pool installed just yesterday. Starting the pump today, we have a psi of 18 and everything is flowing freely. The manual and the store where we purchased said it should be between 8 to 12 psi. It was leaking everywhere and we got all the leaks stopped. Backwashed as per the manuals instructions and it is still registering 18 psi. The gauge returns to 0 when it is shut off. Is this normal or something we should be worried about? Thanks, Shelly
    24' x 52" AG round - 13,500 gallons - 2hp 2 speed BaquaPure pump, Pro Clean cartridge filter, TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward psi pressure Sand filter

18psi won't be a problem for the system. What model pump and filter do you have?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi John, the filter is SM1915SHG and the pump is a Power Flo LX. Let me know if I didn't give you the right information. Got a lot of papers with the pool, so hoping this is the right ones Thank you again!
    24' x 52" AG round - 13,500 gallons - 2hp 2 speed BaquaPure pump, Pro Clean cartridge filter, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by scrapn4me
    Hi John, the filter is SM1915SHG and the pump is a Power Flo LX. Let me know if I didn't give you the right information. Got a lot of papers with the pool, so hoping this is the right ones Thank you again!
    I don't recognize the filter number? Manufacturer and type, or is there another number?

What horsepower is the Power Flo?
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

5. Back To Top    #5

I found a link for the filter but no picture. http://mypoolsupplyguys.com/products...1915SHGTL.html

the pump is 1.5 horsepower according to the label and I can't find the exact number that is shown on the pump but it is this one looks to be right http://www.inyopools.com/Products/02...&CS_003=906191

Thanks