It's my turn to take the conversion plunge!

Travis,

Very nice work. I would swim in your pool. Others are more cautious. Worst case, IMO, is it is concievable to fade swimming trunks (altho that's never been reported on the forum).

TravisD said:
DSCF0093.jpg

Now that's the clear we all brag about! :cool:

Yes Casey, the water is so clear, it's very impressive.
Quick update, this morning the FC was at 10 and the CC was at 2. I'll keep the levels at 15 for today and see what happens tonight.
Before going to bed, should I raise the level to 15 or just check the level and leave it and test again in the morning to see how much it drops?

Quick question, I checked my PH while the FC was down to 2.5 today (sun has been blasting so far today) and my PH level is at 7.0. Should I adjust it? Should I leave it alone? And if I need to adjust, do I do it with the chlorine at low levels or at the shock level? Or does it not matter?

I would leave it. 7.0 is not too bad (a little low) and almost all pools have a tendency to drift up.

If you do adjust, do so to about 7.4 - 7.6 and do it at low chlorine levels so you can test (pH) accurately.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Great Job Travis!!

Your water looks absolutely amazing!

The last few days of the conversion are probably the most frustrating, but it will be well worth it.

I was skeptical of the term "Trouble Free Pool" when I first thought about converting, but I'm a believer now! The ONLY thing I've had to do to my water since my conversion and initial balance is add about 3 qts of bleach nightly. That's probably a little more than I need, but my pool is in full sun all day and I don't use a solar cover. I use 1 large jug of wal-mart bleach every 2 nights. Literally takes about 5 minutes. How much easier can that get, right?

My water is always crystal clear and my numbers really don't seem to fluctuate, maybe I'm just lucky., but I'm going to chalk it up to these fine people who KNOW what there talking about :-D

Tonight could be the night!

I'd raise it one more time to 15 and do an over night FC loss!

Crossing fingers and I'll give you a thumb!!!! :goodjob: :mrgreen:

Thanks! There is a HUGE difference in the clarity of the water compared to the Baquacil. It sparkles so much now you almost have to look at with sunglasses on! Getting ready to bring the FC level back to 15 and see what happens overnight. The CC has been at .5 or less since about 1pm today. I'll get some updated pics tomorrow. Here's hoping tonight is the night....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.