time to replace my 13 y.o. Polaris 280

Hello everyone..this is my first post.
I am replacing my Polaris 280 black max with another pressure side cleaner, and most likely will stay in the Polaris family as it has served me well. Initially I was going back with another 280 but am now considering a 3900 or 480. The possibility of a pentair racer has just emerged. I am wondering if anyone can offer help in choosing the most reliable in this group.
I did read a post from long ago mentioning back up valve cracks in the polaris 180, 280, 380 and 3900. My 280 has required fixes these last 3 years or so but it has been generally excellent. The bigger bag on the newer model is a big deal for me.
Thank you very much!

I was in the same boat. Decided on a Maytronics/Dolphin Triton from Sunplay. $799 free shipping. Does a pretty good job. A bit of residue in the deep end corners but otherwise ok. Came with two sets of filters, screen and pleated. I like not having a noisy booster pump running and not having the Polaris tail whipping around spraying people.

I have a Pentair Racer. The original model has a bad habit of breaking axels that hold the wheels on. The new Racer LS is suppose to have a stronger axel, we will see. I have had warranty replace swivels on the hose, wall mount that screws into pool wall, the adapter that is on end of hose that mounts to wall, main tube bag connects to, replaced bag, part that sweep tail connects to. As you can see many broken cheap plastic parts but so far all covered under warranty. It cleans real good, even picks up golf balls. Now when it goes out of warranty and breaks again I will be in your boat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.