Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Matching TFP Test Kits to Taylor Reagents

1. Back To Top    #1

Matching TFP Test Kits to Taylor Reagents

Is there a mapping between TFP test kit reagents to Taylor ones? I'm asking only because in a crunch, I'd like to be able to run down to my local pool store and pick up a reagent I'm running low on.

Specifically, is the FAS-DPD Titrating Reagent sold by Taylor the same as the R-0871 reagent in the TFP test kit?

Thanks!

- Jeff
    15,000 gal SWG pool, cartridge filter, all pentair equipment, variable speed pump, 400K BTU heater and spa, pebbletec finished

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Matching TFP Test Kits to Taylor Reagents

It is the same. In fact Taylor is called the R- 0871. I could not find the powder local but the 0871 I could.
    18X38 Grecian 26000 gallon In Ground Vinyl. Goldline AuqaRite SWG with a 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Triton 2 Sand Filter Two main drains with 4 main returns with 2 more returns on the swimout and two skimmers. Polaris 380

3. Back To Top    #3

My local leslie's pool store only sells the DPD reagent, and not the FAS-DPD. In fact, the day I went in there to buy the kit with the FAS-DPD reagents in it, they had never heard of it. It is available at their online store.
    25000 gal inground freeform plaster pool with spillover hot tub. 1.5 hp PacFab Challenger pump, Hayward DE filter, Natural Gas heater, BBB convert 2009, Aquasol solar panels on ground rack 2010, PS-4 controller 2010, Rocky roller, SWG 2011.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

No need for a map. All the TFTestkit chemistry is Taylor chemistry using identical numbers.

So, what do you need TFTestkits for? I'm faster and less expensive.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by duraleigh
    No need for a map. All the TFTestkit chemistry is Taylor chemistry using identical numbers.

So, what do you need TFTestkits for? I'm faster and less expensive.
    I'm very happy with what I've gotten -- in fact ordered refills today, but it takes a few days to get to the West coast, even with the great service. Fact is, I had to shock my pool and used a bunch of reagent tracking my high chlorine levels, so it would have been nice to pick some reagent up a few miles down the road is all!

- jeff
    15,000 gal SWG pool, cartridge filter, all pentair equipment, variable speed pump, 400K BTU heater and spa, pebbletec finished

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by mokabb
    My local leslie's pool store only sells the DPD reagent, and not the FAS-DPD. In fact, the day I went in there to buy the kit with the FAS-DPD reagents in it, they had never heard of it. It is available at their online store.
    this is very common. I've yet to hear anyone say that a store had the right kit.
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

7. Back To Top    #7

Dave - you do NOT carry the PH reagent for the K-2006, correct?

I have ordered refills of almost everything for my 2006 from TFTestkits and the quality and service have always been outstanding...

Dave even follows up on emails while he's on vacation. That's service!
    ~30000 GAL In-Ground 26'x50' Kidney Shaped Pool
    Hayward EC-75 DE Filter w/1.5HP Hayward SuperPump
    daily user of JasonLion's Poolcalculator
    (12) 2x10 SunGrabber Solar Panels...now if only there was some sun to shine on them!

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by reebok
    I've yet to hear anyone say that a store had the right kit.
    I have a local store (not a chain store) thats on my way home from work. They actually sell the 2005 and 2006 kit and all the replacement reagents that go into it, including the FAS-DPD powder. But thats the only place i found that does. The Leslie's near me doesnt sell them and neither does the pool store thats run by the guy who built my pool.

9. Back To Top    #9

geez brad, I'll never get to say that again :(
    but that store only exists in your mind so it doesn't count. have you read pool school yet? pool-school/
    16x32 21,000 gallon in-ground exposed aggregate, 1.5hp pump, 120 sqft catridge filter, birdcage, solar panels, aquavac tigershark qc robot.

10. Back To Top    #10

geez brad, I'll never get to say that again
    but that store only exists in your mind so it doesn't count. /
    http://www.centralpoolsupply.com/

have you read pool school yet? pool-school

/

You funny

11. Back To Top    #11

hahah ;)