Old Pool, New Equipment

Apr 28, 2013
Dallas / TX
I have a 25,000 gal pool, that I just had a new pump installed. The pool had been sitting for about 2 weeks waiting for the pump replacement. Since that time, the water is a nice bright green color. Before I started dumping chemicals in the pool I wanted to got the TFP route.
Here is the chemistry:
FAC 3 ppm
TAC 3 ppm
Calcium 300ppm
CYA 100
TA 80
pH 7.6
Phosphates 2500

I have a lot of calcium hypo left for the summer that I would like to use up. I wasn't sure what to do, especially with the high CYA.

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Only took you 4 years to post and say hello :shock:

What are you testing your pool with? You need to follow the SLAM Process process and I fear you do not have the FAS-DPD chlorine test that is required. You are right that you likely need to get the CYA down by replacing water before you start the SLAM.

Add your location to your profile and that would impact whether I would suggest using the cal-hypo or not.

I recommend making sure you have the all the proper tests (and that the reagents are not very old) and verify the CYA level.
If high, replace water to lower the CYA.
Then SLAM away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.