Problem with my intellichlor IC40

16' x 36' with a 3' deep shallow end that starts to get deeper half way. The deepest part of the deep end is about 8.5.'

How do you change the percentage at the easytouch panel? And why would you run the pump overnight?

I recalibrated the SWG initially to high salt. Should I recalibrate again to good?

If you run the pump over night, more chlorine wil be generated.
I would keep it on high salt, it will go down over time.
As far as changingthe %, it should be ijn your user manual.
hit menu
down arrow to settings
press the right arrow key
press the down arrow to get to intellichlor
press the right arrow key
you should see the % output you can adjust with the up and down arrow key.

If you still have no chlorine in the pool, stick a test strip in front of a return. If the green cell light is on, it should be making chlorine and turn it purple.

Ok, wow. I just checked my SWG and the cell light is off and the diagnostics says its at 1800 ppm of salt. It must have taken a reading since I calibrated it, and just to verify it I checked it against an aquacheck salt test. That said there was just under 3100 ppm. What do I do now? Recalibrate it? Is there something wrong with it's salt sensor?

You could add salt to get the strip reading up to 3500 or so, and then reclibrate to "good". I think the salinity sensor is bad. 1800 ppm compared to 3100 on the strip is a big difference. That being said, 3100 is pretty close to the minimum for good salt levels for that model. Several on here have said that their pentair's have had problems with reading low salt. Mine reads low too, but not as far off as yours. Also, you said earlier it read 4100. Its all over the place.

I would call pentair. I think you need a service call.

In the mean time, add bleach to keep the chlorine level up.

I called pentair. He told me to clean with acid. I looked at the metal blades and they looked fine. Yeah, no bubbling after I added it. It leaked through the bottom of my seal so I couldn't leave it emirsed for the 30 min it recommends. I don't think that's the problem though.

EDIT: Update:

After this, I called again, telling them the cleaning didn't work. The guy transfers me (without me even realizing it) and I tell another guy my problem. He immediately says to send a copy of the receipt in and they'll send me a new SWG. No questions asked. Great. Finally some closure. Then after some thought, I figured I'd call the pool builder ad see if he'll just give me the new one and tell him I'd already called pentair. So, we get on the phone with him and he says HE WAS AT OUR HOUSE YESTERDAY and switched out my SGW. Nice to know, right? So that might have been why the morning after I recalibrated, it went back to the cell light being off and the salt level reading being low. It was probably the new unit!! So I told the pb the problem was still happening with this new unit and he was stumped. I even asked him if it needed recalibrating. He agreed that the easytouch should be set to my own reading, but I'm not sure he knows much more than I do about SWG. This is the northeast after all. So I recalibrated and and hopefully this nightmare can be put to bed.

I guess my next question is with all the lights being on and the salt level recalibrated, how long should it before I start registering a fc value greater than 0?

You should not wait for the SWG to bring the FC level up above zero. You need to have chlorine in the pool, with or without the SWG. You should manually add chlorine to bring the FC level up to a normal level, based on your current CYA level, right away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.