Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How mush bleach is needed Im confused

1. Back To Top    #1

How mush bleach is needed Im confused

I ok let say I have a 30,000 Gal Pool and it FC is at 3 ppm and CYA is at 30-50 so I using the best guess chart. I would want to Shock at 15 ppm.

So if were to use bleach would I use 747oz of it per the Pool Calculator or would I use 6 gal of bleach per BBB and basic pool chemistry defined "1 gal will raise 10000 gal pool the same ppm as the concentration thus one gallon of regular bleach will raise 10000 gal pool 5.25 ppm." (note im ultra bleach at 6%)

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Pool Calculator Best Guess
    BBB and basic pool Chemistry Defined
    gunnite bottom and fiberglass walls that have been coated with epoxy paint. Approx. 24000 gallons, sand filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: How mush bleach is needed Im confused

Quote Originally Posted by mjt123
    I ok let say I have a 30,000 Gal Pool and it FC is at 3 ppm and CYA is at 30-50 so I using the best guess chart. I would want to Shock at 15 ppm.

So if were to use bleach would I use 747oz of it per the Pool Calculator or would I use 6 gal of bleach per BBB and basic pool chemistry defined "1 gal will raise 10000 gal pool the same ppm as the concentration thus one gallon of regular bleach will raise 10000 gal pool 5.25 ppm." (note im ultra bleach at 6%)

Thanks for the help...

Mike

Pool Calculator Best Guess
    BBB and basic pool Chemistry Defined
    Mike,

I'm not sure I understand the question....747 oz and 6 gal are virtually the same.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    I most of missed some thing last when I used the Pool Calculator. Sorry and thinks for you help

On a different note Is it ceeper to use bleach when shocking.

Thanks Mike and I love this site
    gunnite bottom and fiberglass walls that have been coated with epoxy paint. Approx. 24000 gallons, sand filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    On a different note Is it ceeper to use bleach when shocking.
    Maybe by a little but, most importantly, it's the BEST thing you can use.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    Why is it the best thing to use? What dose the shock add something else? Thx Mike

6. Back To Top    #6
    almost all 'pool products' designed to shock or chlorinate your water have ingredients that, at best, you don't need, and at worst, you don't want.

Stick with the bleach and all you will be adding is chlorine

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!