New hayward aquarite SWG, how to make it show salt level on controller inside home

Sal512

May 17, 2015
Austin, TX
I got a new aquarite goldline SWG kit installed. But i dont see the salt level shown on the controller unit inside my house. It shows temp fine. How to make it show salt level , so i dont have to go see it on the outside SWG display. Below is a picture of my indoor controller
40ebc40e076987284b3e15485358a5ad.jpg

I don't use an Aqualink and I don't know the answer, or even if that is possible, but that should never be an issue. Salt level does not change unless water is drained from the pool. Once you establish the proper level, it's not something that you regularly check on. If you see salt levels unexpectedly dropping you either have a leak or the salt cell is going bad.

I was under the impression salt level varies. My swg states if salt level drops below 3000 then it stops generating chlorine. Hence i am trying to find a way to see what the swg shows in its display inside without having to go outside to my pool equipment pad

Just set your salt level near the upper required level and check on it about once a month. I'm sure there are other things need checking on at the pad at least that often. Shouldn't be a problem to walk out to the equipment pad occasionally to check on things, should it?

You indicated that you just had a new SWG put in. I would look at the SWG panel. There is a LED 4th from the top that is labeled "Remotely Controlled". If that LED is not lit, the installer might not have reconnected the RS485 communications link between the AquaLink and AquaRite. With out this the Jandy panel inside will not show you anything about the SWG.

It is possible (I do it) but the following must be done in order or you risk disabling SWG control on the Aqualink for all SWGs (firmware chip T and newer).
1) Set the SWG emulation mode to AL-5
2) Power off all pool equipment at the circuit breaker
2) Connect the SWG and Aqualink RS485 busses
4) Power the equipment on

Your Aqualink should now see the Aquarite SWG as a Jandy Aquapure enabled for remote control.

- Flappy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.