Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1

Intex Skimmer

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I've searched quite a bit and can't find a solution to my answer.

I have an Intex chlorination and pump combination. Attached at the intake end is one connector that has both a wide threaded ring and an inside ring that sticks out further and is threaded as well. I've looked the pool skimmer for the Intex, and I haven't the foggiest how to connect the two with that threaded, smaller connecter in there. It appears to use the wider threaded connector, like the current grate, but how to compensate for the inner ring?

Am I missing something, or how in the world do you connect this? Currently they're just screened, but I would love to put the skimmer in and get it going. Any help would be grand.

Thanks!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex Skimmer

Some of the Intex stuff is pretty weird. On my pool the "grate" is a larger diameter thread that the hose adapter

http://www.intexstore.com/SearchResu...xtSearch=10533

The hose adapter screws onto the more inner threads on the threaded strainer connector that stick into the pool further. This is hard to get aligned right if the water is flowing.

Good Luck, JLM
    12' x 20' Intex Oval Frame Pool, AG
    Waterway 1 hp TWM Cartridge Filter
    4' x 20' solar panel
    41' water depth
    4393 Gallons according to the box.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Intex Skimmer

You're my new hero. That's the part I was looking for and couldn't find anywhere to buy it. Personal experience knew where to look, or did I just not google the right question?

Either way, thanks SO much.