OmniLogic Network Trouble

Theo

May 17, 2010
GTA Ontario
Hi All,

Installed the OmniLogic last summer and after some effort configuring the wireless AP the network was up (TP Link PhaROS AP plugged into the OmniLogic LAN port) and all was well until I closed the pool.

Upon opening the pool this season the OmniLogic won't connect to my network. I get the "Lost Link" icon in the website and the Android App.

The network seems fine. If I unplug the cable from the Omni, and plug it I to my laptop I can connect to the network/internet without issue.

Any troubleshooting ideas? My understanding of computer networking is very basic. I can get into the Omni network settings, however from a networking standpoint I don't really know what I'm looking at/for.

Here are a couple of pics of the network tabs on the OmniiLogic

Dynamic IP

Static IP

I *thnk* the Omni should be able to find the Dynamic IP automatically, but if that's the case, it not finding it.

Last edited:
I did speak with Hayward, they were unable to assist.

Their ability to assist basically stopped when I told them the Omni was unable to find the Dynamic IP Address. They advised that if the network is working on my laptop, it should be working on the OmniLogic.

I need to have a buddy who knows about networks come over and have a look.

I found the Hayward wifi module to be very unreliable (it's an OEM'd EnGenius unit, Engenius used to have issues in congested wifi areas, which was certainly my case).
I ended up hardwiring my unit, just because I prefer that, but if you can't hardware I would dump the Hayward wifi unit and setup a Ubiquti nanostation as a bridge to your wifi network and just use that. You would configure the Ubiquiti from its own web interface, and then it should be able to go in place of the Hayward unit, and you tell the OmniLogic that it is hardwired instead of wireless. It's not a hard process, but is slightly technical.

I have not confirmed this, but I think the OmniLogic tries to re-establish its wireless link in some weird way that causes it to time out a lot, and then it can't recover.

Hi All,

Installed the OmniLogic last summer and after some effort configuring the wireless AP the network was up (TP Link PhaROS AP plugged into the OmniLogic LAN port) and all was well until I closed the pool.

Upon opening the pool this season the OmniLogic won't connect to my network. I get the "Lost Link" icon in the website and the Android App.

The network seems fine. If I unplug the cable from the Omni, and plug it I to my laptop I can connect to the network/internet without issue.

Any troubleshooting ideas? My understanding of computer networking is very basic. I can get into the Omni network settings, however from a networking standpoint I don't really know what I'm looking at/for.

Here are a couple of pics of the network tabs on the OmniiLogic

Dynamic IP

Static IP

I *thnk* the Omni should be able to find the Dynamic IP automatically, but if that's the case, it not finding it.

Same problem here. Should be connecting but it is not. So frustrating and after 1 hour 7 minutes and 53 second I finally gave up with waiting on hold for Hayward support.

may just hardwire to see if that truly does fix the intermittent issues once and for all. But, I have read posts on here where people with it hardwird were reporting the connection lightning bolts so who knows.

Hi,

I have 3 suggestions I would try but I am no expert. It appears the OmniLogic is connected because it has an IP assigned

1. When you call Hayward press the number for pool pro instead of customer. I spent hours on hold myself until I figured that out. Ridiculous that hour+ hold time is ok with them

2. Log into your router (type 192.168.1.1 into a web browser address bar) and disconnect the OmniLogic's connection. Yours is 192.168.1.111. This wil also tell you if the controller is connected to the router at all. Perhaps while the OmniLogic was powered down that IP was given away to another device and/or the OmniLogic will only try that IP.

3. In the network configuration, sign off (or delete the network from the list) and resign on the network (or re configure). You should be using a dynamic address and that may refresh the connection.

Hi,

I have 3 suggestions I would try but I am no expert. It appears the OmniLogic is connected because it has an IP assigned

1. When you call Hayward press the number for pool pro instead of customer. I spent hours on hold myself until I figured that out. Ridiculous that hour+ hold time is ok with them

2. Log into your router (type 192.168.1.1 into a web browser address bar) and disconnect the OmniLogic's connection. Yours is 192.168.1.111. This wil also tell you if the controller is connected to the router at all. Perhaps while the OmniLogic was powered down that IP was given away to another device and/or the OmniLogic will only try that IP.

3. In the network configuration, sign off (or delete the network from the list) and resign on the network (or re configure). You should be using a dynamic address and that may refresh the connection.

I'm going to try your steps below this evening. To clarify my particular situation, it does look like I AM connected to my AP network. My usual network is LAWTYGER and I also made a new one for trial purposes called OMNILOGIC - see pic below. I can disconnect and connect to either one of these, yet I still get the no connection yellow lightning bolts. Also, It is weird that one network says "excellent" signal and the other says "good" signal since it is from the same access point.

Here re are some screen shots:

10638432198e1bc07e43c2a1389549bd.jpg
6bbc092aadd959bfe5268f3d7d0db0b8.jpg
8942a09175a17eaffa481a09053ab3e9.jpg

If anyone has any particular thoughts on my situation I would love to hear them.

I have the omnilogic system and i got so frustrated by the wifi option i went hardwired and have had great performance since. I'd get dropped signals and lost connections constantly with my dual band router which was so close. I'd get a 5 bar out of 5 bar signal at the omnilogic when i had my laptop or iPad out but the omni would still mess up.

Hope you're able to get it sorted out.

I have the omnilogic system and i got so frustrated by the wifi option i went hardwired and have had great performance since. I'd get dropped signals and lost connections constantly with my dual band router which was so close. I'd get a 5 bar out of 5 bar signal at the omnilogic when i had my laptop or iPad out but the omni would still mess up.

Hope you're able to get it sorted out.

Thanks for the support, at least it's not just me, lol. I should just bite the bullet and run a hard wire, especially it it does alleviate all connection issue (just recall seeing some threads where hard wire folks had some issues/questions).

I am in speechless... I am in the pool industry and I have installed 10 omnilogic units. I admin only 5 of those units where the customers don't want to deal with the maintenance of anything.

Today I had 3 omnis

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
today I had 3 omnis with connectivity issues. Exactly what is being described here. I have done everything from moving the antenna to changing the dynamic to static without a solid solution. I have dealt with the local sales reps and phone support and no solid solution. In the end Hayward is saying hardwire the units even though getting the antennas was extra money.

I think I'm going to try a different antenna that is not Hayward branded.

I was having the same issue with mine at the beginning of this year. What I found was that the Omnilogic device was picking up a 5 GHz channel (which is good for speed, but not for distance). I forced the signal to a 2.4 GHz (good for distance, but not speed) band and haven't had any drops/connection issues since. My device is about 20-30 yards away from my indoor Wireless Access Point for reference.

Sounds like a major bug issue that needs to be addressed by Hayward for both distance and speed, and reliability. BTW, why even have a wifi remote if have to hardwire it. That would be a like a gasoline-powered weed-eater requiring and electrical cord to keep it running. When the industry installers cannot figure it out, then it's a flawed product. Should be recalled.

On the bright side, there seems to be some bright users on the forum and this collaborative effort is what it's all about...

Lawtyger.I installed the OmniLogic and have nothing but connection issues.Is yours up and running? What is your web server address on the OmniLogic?
thanks

Mine is up and running. After the pool builder replaced all sorts of things (new antenna, new local display, relinked antenna and even hardwired) still had a problem. Pool builder made a Hayward rep come out. If recollection serves correctly, Hayward gave me a completely new MSP System ID (deleting the one that was initially setup when we got the pool in March or 2016) and then re-setup the system again except for my themes, and other equipment settings which they first saved on a flash drive and then reloaded after resetting everything up.

in a nutshell, took a Hayward rep coming out to fix and it seemed like a technical issue on Hayward’s end and my system communicating. Super frustrating and time consuming experience.

At work so don’t know the web server address you are referring to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.