First test results of the season.

derryank

Gold Supporter
Apr 4, 2015
Boston MA
Hi all,

Been a typical NE winter. Pool looked great after my first TFP closing!

Here are this season's initial test results.

FC 0.5
CC 0
TC 0.5
CH 50
TA 60
CYA 75 (I did add last week)
PH 7.2
CL/BR 0.5
Salt 1800ppm

If memory serves me correctly, I must get the pool to satisfactory chlorine levels prior to adding the salt requirements... suggestion welcome on an acquired ppm...3200ppm?

Nevertheless, glad to be back, and here's to a wonderful pool season everyone.

P.s. I did add chlorine tonight. Pool pump running non stop..

Suggestions are always welcome ?

Thanks Duraleigh. I've added the 500fl oz of chlorine​ as per pool math. Hope to be adding the salt tomorrow per the SWG levels and your suggestions.

And to think this time last year I was absolutely dumbfounded by this process. Thanks all for your help

The Pool Store would like you to think it's all very complex and you need hundreds of chemicals (which they just happen to have in stock).

Common sense, some science and having the correct test kit proves otherwise. Congrats on your crystal clear pool!!

Well said Duraleigh. Between yourself, KimKats and others in this fabulous forum, I've been fortunate to save $$$ from relatively simple instructions.

Chorline is 4.5ppm, salt has been added to 3800ppm as recommended by SWG. Pool looks ever so slightly cloudy....I'll see later this evening.

Moreover​, the kids are swimming...No thank you...not yet. Ha ha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.