Aquapure 1400 not generating chlorine

Jenstu

May 27, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
We just bought a house with a saltwater pool and have not been able to get the cell to generate chlorine yet. Pool temperature is mid-70s, salt is at 3.1 GPL, and cell is free of scale, but chlorine production rate is 0%. The Cell On light never seems to come on. This is on a Jandy Aquapure 1400. Any ideas?

Yes, we have an Aqualink RS. When I try to put it into Service Mode to manually change the Chlorine Production, I get the error Jo, so I still cannot change the rate. I can't find that code in any manual. Does anyone know what that means?

I just got the salinity level above 3.0 yesterday. Do I need to leave the pump on for a full 24 hours for chlorine generation to kick in? (Right now, the pump is set to turn off automatically after 6 hours.)

Hi. I'm interested in this thread as well.

Hi. I’ve looked at some of the previous forms but I don’t quote see the exact problem I’m having. I have a 5 year old salt water pool. Lately I have been getting algae on the pool walls.. and the people who do my chemicals keep dumping more salt in the pool but I don’t think its working. I have a zodiak fsoft 1400 salt water salt cell.
My question is fairly simple….i believe the setting on my salt cell is set to 60%. If I’m getting algae..should I simply increase the %?

- i currently run my pool ! 10 hours a day ( 32k gallons - Houston texas..lots of sun) I will increase to 12 just for extra on time for the chlorinator
- I inspected the salt cell...only minor spots of buildup. I will clean as per the instructions i found on this site.
- no error codes that I can see.
- Chlorine production reads 60% on the Aqualink
- It cycles through another number on its own on the aquiline ….145…not certain what that means
- When pressing the C button ( salt) it shows 4.1 Salinity. does that seem high. if it were high - would that slow chlorine production?
- When pressing the D button it reads 83… again - not certain what that means

I know the life of many of these components is only 5 years – so I may be at the end of life BUT it’s not flashing any codes so I’m hoping its just a matter of increasing the chlorine..and if so – what would be a good starting point….increase by what percent?

Appreciate any answers.
Thanks
Mac

You can increase output but without knowing what your cya and chlorine readings, that may not be the proper solution. Typically you will need ~60ppm cya to prevent sunlight from breaking down the chlorine. What are your current readings?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.