New integrated spa. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Mar 20, 2017
Burbank CA
We just completed a new pool/spa IG gunite combo with a Jandy JXi 400k heater.
I fired the heater up on the hot tub for the first time tonight. Water temp was 79, I set target to 83. The hot tub warmed up quickly and felt great. But when the water hit the goal temp, the heater immediately turned off and started blowing cold water into the tub. I thought the heater would come back on soon but the water got uncomfortably colder. Is this just something I have to live with? If I don't want the tub filling with cold water I have to get out and turn the spa returns off? Having only experienced above ground style hot tubs that maintains constant temp this is pretty disappointing. Would love to hear any tips or thoughts.

Are you sure 100% of the suction was from the spa? When the heater turns off the water it should not feel like cold water blowing in. I suppose if you have a blower that could make the water feel colder.

I do recall at my previous house when I had a spa that it would seem like the temperature would get really warm while the heater is on and then the heater would not come back on until the water was starting to feel too cold. Apparently just a few degrees can vary the feel a lot.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.