Water dripping from Waste outlet after spring start-up of Cooper Ranger Sand filter

Jul 22, 2015
ON
as the title states, I just opened the pool and now when it is in filter mode, I get a slow drip from the waste outlet in the sand filter. Moving the 6 position dial valve to backwash, rinse will cause water to be directed to waste outlet as it should, however when moving to Filter mode, a small stream of water continuously drips out waste outlet. Was stored correctly with drain removed and moved to Winter position.

Dial seems to move freely and operation of dial and filter seems correct other than this slow leak....

It's a Cooper Ranger sand filter.

Any thoughts as to the issue? RIght now I have Waste outlet connected to hose and running back into the pool...

Your thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated!

I agree. Search "spider gasket" here or on youtube.

I'd guess your multiport valve needs to be rebuilt.

Thanks guys! Here's an update... leaking stopped after 15-20mins or so of running (after running several cycles of rotating selector through the Filter, recirculate and rinse functions)....but each time I move to filter (after initial pool cleaning for instance), it leaks from the discharge outlet until full pressure is built up in system..... I suspect a rebuild is in order due to worn seals but looks like I'll make it through this season intact... LOL

Thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.